Southlands Change - Feedback Wanted

Started by Dyrinis, March 25, 2003, 03:25:40 PM

This Saturday I'll be making a fairly radical change to the way wildlife works in the southlands, specifically tarantulas.  Without going into detail, I'll say that I would like people to provide me with feedback via email once they encounter the additions.  This is not a lessening of the difficulty of the Allanaki desert, but it gives a chance for would-be heroes to adventure, change the environment, and reap sizeable rewards.

Dyrinis
:twisted:

Honestly,  I like the way Spiders are now out there, unless they changed from back when I played out there. Spiders were and should be OFF the hook. I think the one thing that would be utterly nifty is have emotes about how they attack, and a pause sometimes so that you might flee. For example:

(spider breaks its hide)
A long-bodied turantula rises from its sunken stance, fangs twitching, and skitters towards $n.
Pause 3
Kill $n

Heh. Just like so....

Venomz - should write NPCs more often.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "Dyrinis"This is not a lessening of the difficulty of the Allanaki desert, but it gives a chance for would-be heroes to adventure, change the environment, and reap sizeable rewards.

Now I'm really interested.  Thanks for the effort.

My guess is, this will be much appreciated, Dyrinis...  Thanks

QuoteThis is not a lessening of the difficulty of the Allanaki desert, but it gives a chance for would-be heroes to adventure, change the environment, and reap sizeable rewards.

You make it sound like a tarantula fang will open a mystic portal to an ancient ruins that holds the secret magical power of the eleven kings. I'm intrigued.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Hehe, I dont usually agree with carnage, but yeah he is right  :shock:
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Im more scared/alarmed then interested...

Usually 'fairly radical change'(s) makes me get upset and thus disliking of the region more. The tablelands change made it more realistic I guess, but now I have less fun in the region. The change to Tuluk was wanted by alot, but now Ill probably never play a Tuluk character... Im afraid that the 'urge to change' will result in my gradual dislikening of Allanak, where almost all my pcs are based from. The last seemingly 'radical' change to the wilderness around the region was the gradual introduction of scary new ways to die- like tarantula's, snakes, fire ants... so I dont know what else they can do. Maybe make them all hunt together.

The: "...but it gives a chance for would-be heroes to adventure, change the environment, and reap sizeable rewards." Makes me nervous... I dont know how to put it into words really, but a few possible thoughts about it- possibly ecological change? (i.e. driving a species away through consistant killing?), tarantula lairs beneath the sands maybe? where they hoard their pretty gems... making lotsa people rich and unbalancing the economy maybe? Um lets see... less amount of deadly tarantula's allowing 'would-be heroes to adventure', I cant tie change the environment in... but maybe? Hmm cant think of any other possible examples, but Im still very much worried.

So once again Im more scared/afraid then interested... and wouldnt mind some more information if possible before having to encounter it on my own... maybe like a little more specific? But I guess thats your call.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I think it's a Great idea, whatever it is. Anything like this is exiting, I love having new things to explore or see. Seems to me that If anything Arm needs more mythical things for people to chase after and die  :lol: Magical fang take me away to the mythical elven horde!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Many of you do not realize that Dyrinis is much like a Halaster in training.  Good luck.
Vendyra

WTF? I thought we got rid of the godsdamned PC-killing-IMMz! WTH is going on? I thought you guys were kicking that shit to the curb. Fuck that. Imma kill this bastard. I'm not getting killed by rocks dropping on my head and shit. Fuck that! You nerds are dead. Alla ya'll. I can't believe that you guys are trying to resurrect Halaster. Fuck that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (note: this note was written while under a state of shock. For the record, the poster, Venomz, has a deep affection for Halaster and wishs he was still around. He will -not- be killing the new IMM, nor any of the other staff. He wishs Dyrinis luck and looks forward to interacting with him and the rest of the staff here at this great mud in a non-violent manner.) Imma croak this dude. I gotta an uber-stat PC. Fuck ya'll. I thought I'd make it to five dayz this time. You fuckers are dead, with your PC killing, power abusing asses, and your ultra avatar guys and st.........

Yay! Always good to have a scary reclouse killer on the staff. Hope your training goes good!

Reclouse, recluose... Recloose? SHRUG. I like the word but don't want to look it up to see how to spell it.

Creeper who is also scared, those spiders are scary and with change not for good or bad they are still scary.
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "Dyrinis"This is not a lessening of the difficulty of the Allanaki desert, but it gives a chance for would-be heroes to adventure, change the environment, and reap sizeable rewards.

i wana bea heero with c00l richse nad madz spider killin gskillz dewd!!!!!!11 wher due i sine up???//

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.  :D )
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

I can see it now....

Sandy Wastes [NESW]
The lifeless husk of a dark-shelled scrab lies here, drained of blood.

<80/80hp 80/80mvs 80/80st>

Someone sends you: "Hey, we need a volunteer for a moment.  You available?"

You wish to the Immortals: "Sure, always happy help!"

A desert tarantula fades into existence.

You dodge a desert tarantula's bites.
You dodge a desert tarantula's bites.

A desert tarantula begins uttering some incantations.

You are struck by a fireball from a desert tarantula!
Ouch! That really HURT!

flee;flee;flee

You are too stunned to move.

You feel the blood being drained from your body.

*beep*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Oh...fu...fuck.....that was fucking...funny.

Oh damned, my stomach is killing me.

Venomz - who cries when he laughs.

I can imagine whatever changes Dyrinis has made, they're cool, I've run into a few of his other animal changes before, and they're -awesome-.

I saw a beautiful creature near 'nak... What's happening? We 'nakkians aren't used to beautiful creatures.
Thanks for the creature. It's fast, attacks deadly for some kind and not so easy to unbalance the environment, so it's welcome.
I won't try tarantulas for 30 days. So I may feedback when I try...
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

The desert tarantula has arrived from the north

99/99 99/99 99/99

The desert tarantula dodges your slash
The desert tarantula dodges your slash

99/99 99/99 99/99

The desert tarantula roars as it spews out eggs, which promptly hatch into small spiders

you parry a desert tarantula attack

You feel something climb up your legs, followed by little pinches.

90/99 99/99 90/99

A desert tarantula spits at you, searing your face with poison

45/99 99/99 90/99

flee

Panic, your legs are numb.

your vision goes black.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I think all hunters and crafters could use a little overpopulation of scrabs... Not joking. They're hard at the beginning but they also are the source for the lonely character types. More than five scrabs around 'nak's needed.
And... I feel a little whining :oops: but... hadn't there been enough storms in 'nak recently? I don't like waiting for 1.5 hours for a tremendous storm, after being barely able to hunt because of a few bad storms for days. I missed the days when I could see what was three rooms away.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I had a feeling about 'nak enough to write a feedback I think... It is much worse. Now there are really few middle-hard creatures. Jozhals also escape from fights so you can't hunt them alone. (I don't believe they did it before) So... There are beetles and poisonous snakes everywhere. And the kind of unnamed -I don't want to give its name, it's new- beautiful creature has vanished. Scrabs fight and eat snakes before encountering you, a few snakes I guess. So they may pinch harder than a huge beetle's bite. Their learning curve rocks I guess. So... My lonely hunter character with not-so-well stats is probably going to die.
Joining clans to survive looks like the only way to survive. In three IC days I could see only and only one scrab but five snakes and five or six beetles. I couldn't get so far because of the snakes and beetles. I should return to safety IC.
It used to hurt being a lonely hunter in 'nak, but I could figure that out a few times before. Now it's the deepest layer of hell for hunters. I think I'll have to get used to the northern environment in my next char, or wait for other hunters to organize a hunt.

Let me clarify about comparing Dyrinis with Halaster.

Dyrnis, as far as I know, has been around off and on for a very long time.

You should fear Dyrinis much more than you did Halaster. Halaster would create a whimsical little plot to tie up a bunch of players and then lead them to their slaughter.

Dyrinis writes a script so that the next time you shoot an arrow at a gith, it will stalk you, find out where you live, learn who you hang out with, kill your best friend, wear your best friend's clothes and a mask fashioned from their facial tissue, and then finally slip vicious poison into your mug the next time you drink with your best friend.

And after all that the gith will mail a hard copy of your death log to Dyrinis, along with a box of cigars and a crate of top shelf bourbon using the credit card numbers the gith stole from your computer.

Don't even get me started about the "thinks" I can see the gith typing in about your mother.
vendyra the Queen of Purity says, out of character:
     "ORFL"

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

:shock:

Venomz, you know I love you, I do, we all do. You're our replacement in case something happens to creeper.

However, you need to tone down on the excessive use of colors in your posts. When you post like that, its like you're projectile vomiting acidic neon paint directly into my eyes.

Seriously, take it down a notch, duder.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Quote from: "Callisto"You're our replacement in case something happens to creeper.

That's harsh. More than harsh. All right, his colour use is getting irritating, but I don't think that kind of abuse is justified.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

Color?

What color?

Damn....ya'll mothafuckaz is sensitive!!!!

:twisted:

Ok, seriously...I'll, like, half-way try to stop. But color is addictive!