Does Arm still work on Port 23?

Started by Krath, March 24, 2003, 08:57:43 AM

Does arm still work on port 23? and if not is there anyway to open up that port? I just figured out a loophole through my firewall @ work.

Armers: 1
Corporate America: 0
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Want to know what I do, at school, through the firewall?

I got a buddy with a linux box online.  He's set me up with an account there, that I can SSH into.  (I use puTTY to SSH in with, and SSH is port 22)

So, I just go out through port 22, into my friends computer, and from there I telnet to Armageddon, connecting to port 4050.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Mansa, can ya share that info with me? I will send ya my email if you need it.
I am not sure how to set up putty but I can prolly figure it out?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Most of our ports are blocked or have other specific uses, such as logging onto ginka herself for code editing, ginka email, etc.  That being the case, and for security reasons, Armageddon the game is only being put up on other ports -- in fact, I doubt we'll change it from 4050 for a long time, without a very compelling reason.  Ports 22 and 23 are two fairly definite no-no's at this time.

Sorry,

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]