Referring to PCs in changing ldescs

Started by , March 18, 2003, 12:54:24 PM

I always thought itd be neat if you could change your ldesc to include interatction with other PCs. Like change ldesc 'is watching ~man carefully' but when it comes out it looks like- 'Jenred is watching ~man carefully.' And I was wondering if there is anyway we can make changing ldesc work with that. Thanks in advance!

I think this is an impossibility due to the probable length of string.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Not to mention when ~man leaves and you forget to change your ldesc so you're still standing there watching ~man carefully.

If you're sure he's not going to leave, you can always just type his sdesc in.

Well that isnt as eerie as then 'look'ing and seeing.

A lumbering, sinister half-giant is standing by the wall, staring at you.

That's almost a bit twinkish.  Not much difference from using second person in your main description, which is disallowed.  That half-giant would have to be staring at everyone in the room simultaneously.  <g>

I think Jenred meant that if the half-giant was staring specifically at you that phrase would be spookier than one stating that he was staring at your sdesc.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

yeah, If you could change your ldesc to 'is staring at ~man' then Id hope the ~man would see 'Jenred is staring at you.' Where as 'is staring at the ~tall, muscular man' the guy might not even know im staring at him... but rather some other tall, muscular man (due to their rabbit like breeding.)

You could update it? I know that when you ask to like when your coming up from a young age to an adult age you can get a bit switched up but a total change i'm not too sure about either.