Is there a way to...

Started by Bhuff, March 16, 2003, 09:51:15 AM

OOCly give a time without breaking into OOC while IC for telling people about a privately IC planned event on a certain day many days in the future?

Is it possible for an IM to OOC tell me what day it will be IC on Saturday March 22 at 10.p.m EST?

Edited out some of the history behind the dates/names for brevety...
QuoteParaphrased from the Help File:
Each day is divided into nine equal hours.  Note that there are only two hours of sundown for every seven hours of sunup. One hour of Zalanthan time is roughly 10 minutes of real time.

Days are also grouped into weeks of eleven days: Ocandra, Terrin, Abid, Cingel, Nekrete, Waleuk, Yochem, Huegel, Dzeda, Barani, and Detal.

231-day phase (or month) -- three such phases or months in a Zalanthan year, which thus consists of 693 days.

Years are measured on a 77-year cycle called a King's Age. Each year in the cycle has its own name.

A summary of the organization of Zalanthan time might be as follows:

Days of the Week (11)         Hours in the Day (9)
        Ocandra                       before dawn
        Terrin                        dawn
        Abid                          early morning
        Cingel                        late morning
        Nekrete                       high sun
        Waleuk                        early afternoon
      Yochem                        late afternoon
        Huegel                        dusk
        Dzeda                         late at night
        Barani
        Detal

Months in the Year (3)
        Descending Sun
        Low Sun
        Ascending Sun

There are 21 weeks (231 days) per month, three months (63 weeks or 693 days)
per year, and 77 years per King's Age.
Since the days don't necessarily coincide with real time especially during crashes that warp the world back in time, it's nearly impossible to determine the exact date/time more than a day or two real-life in advance.

However, you could "PRETEND" that a game week = a real day, and a game month = a real week, and a game year = 3 real weeks. This is a rather inaccurate portrayal of the game's time system, but it should get the point across.

So let's say you're trying to tell someone right this minute, that you want to meet this coming Thursday at 9PM. Right this minute, it's Sunday, 10:06 AM EST. You could say...

Let's meet four weeks from now, near the end of the week.

In game terms you're actually suggesting over a month away. But by specifying the number of weeks, you're letting them know you really mean 4 days in real-life, with the "near the end" of the week giving a general "late evening between suppertime and bedtime" for the general day-shift population.

It's also fine to do
Quotethe man says at your table in sirihish "meet me in 4 weeks"
the man says at your table in sirihish "OOC: Saturday at 7PM"

Hello,

I am Jessica, a student from Irving, Texas. We would like to ask you the producers of Armageddon if we can use a clip from the movie for a class project in school (CMAT and Company) in which we have to incorporate graphics, sounds, animation music, and video. We need your permission.
We would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot. Reply Soon.

-Team B & Jessica

Uhh, are you asking about a clip from the movie Armageddon with Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck?  The one where they go in space to save the world from an asteroid?
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

Yeah, we've got a movie! Send us $5,000 in payment for the copyright release, and we'll send you the clip.  :twisted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is funny.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Beyond that, at least one of us should tell Jessica that we are not the "producers" of said film, nor are we in any way related to the movie by the same name as Armageddon.

-Shinigami
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.

Im more baffled as to why she chose this thread... which apparently has nothing to do with the Movie, to post in. I could see starting a new one. but choosing one...  hrm

We are not the producers of Armageddon.  However, -I- am one of them and if you'd care to email me with the projects specifics and gain acceptance for a nominal fee (Pay Pal acceptable), I'm sure we can work something out.

J/k of course.

Btw, were you planning on using that sweet animal crackers scene?  Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler, aren't they just the dreamiest?  :lol:
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

Ted Turner is doing something Armish too.  I think it's titled 'Avoiding Armageddon'?  Remember spotting the advert in some rag or somesuch; I think it just aired .. might be confusing for that too.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]