Bows and Strength

Started by drunkendwarf, March 12, 2003, 06:11:49 PM

I'm not sure whether this info is somewhere else but it's just a quick question:

If a bow says it is a little too weak for you to use (via the view command), that mean you can't use it at all?

Nah, you can still use it, it just wont be as acurate as one thats just right for you.

I've heard, but haven't confirmed, that it is possible to damage a bow that is too weak for you.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

yeah, just like Half giants break alot of weapons.

imagine a twig with a piece of string on it as a bow string.

thatd be a little weak of a bow for you, and you'd probably break it.

Acctually, I don't think the whole less accurate because it has a weak pull has any reason to be instituted. Reason? It doesn't matter how weak the bow is, it's more important the pull length, and even that won't effect accuracy much unless the pull length was WAY to long for you, and it'd have to be a REALLY big bow for the pull length to be too long for a common human... Maybe a longbow set up for an elf would be too long for a dwarf or a short human but that might even be pushing it.

It IS possible to break a bow if it's too weak for you, but you'd have to be fairly unintelligent and know nothing about bows...

Me, I'm not too strong, but I've been strong enough to pull back a plain recurve bow since I was like ten, even then the pull was weak, and it doesn't really effect accuracy, even changing from bow to bow with different strengths. Only problem I have is bows that are too strong to pull back, sucks really bad.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I'm just speculating, but I assume that the higher strength bows are more likely to have the long 2 and 3 room ranges that everyone salavates over, while a weak bow is more likely to have a 1 room range.  Taking the strongest bow you can handle usually gives you the longest range.  Stronger bows might do more damage too, since they shoot the projectile with more force.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins