T'zai Byn hopefulls in Allanak.

Started by Kankman, March 12, 2003, 05:15:38 PM

Hi there everyone, just a slight gripe.

Lately I've noticed the trend which seems to becomming more popular, people who want to join the Byn have been posting messages on the IC boards about it. While I realize it may be frustraiting waiting around endlessly for a Sergeant, posting on the IC boards isn't really the answer. I mean, how likely is it that a whole city is going to be buzzing on about how Mr.Dude or Chickie-Merc want to join the T'zai Byn? If you really want in, the best course of action would be to email tlaloc@ginka.armageddon.org and let him know your PC's name and your usual playing times. Its a hell of a lot more useful.

That's all folks.
--Kankman the Ridden.

While I'm not going to post about the appropriateness of posting on the IC boards in town, I will state the following:

Due to string of badly timed IC and OOC factors, the Byn is currently having problems recruiting in Allanak (and to a Lesser Degree, Tuluk). Currently, I'm madly trying to fix the problem as quickly as I can, but these things take time, and I'm having to deal with alot of RL issues right now as well (effectively, midterms).

I'd like to ask that everyone who wants to join the Byn, or deal with them, please be alittle patient. Like the poster above said: email me if you'd like to join, and - for the love of god - be sure to include your Account name and Character name in the email, and the usual times I can catch you. I can't tell you how many random "I'd like to join the Byn plz." emails I've gotten, with no indication of who this person is, or when I might find them online. I get a buttload of emails every day, and it would save time, confusion, and stress if I don't have to try and figure out who is who.

Thanks alot, and I'll (hopefully) see you online.

-Tlaloc
Tlaloc
Legend

Quoteposting on the IC boards isn't really the answer. I mean, how likely is it that a whole city is going to be buzzing on about how Mr.Dude or Chickie-Merc want to join the T'zai Byn?

I don't see this as a problem, myself.  If we were only supposed to make posts regarding things that the entire populace would know/hear about, then I don't think we, as players, should post at all.

The way I interperet posts such as these is that, amidst all the other daily gossip, here's a little tidbit that might be overheard -- or it might not.  You're certainly welcome to RP having not heard this rumor.  That's what the boards are for, communicating.

Because again, if every time I make a post I have to worry about and ask myself "Is this something the entire populace of Allanak (or Tuluk, etc.) going to hear about?" then I wouldn't bother to use the boards what so ever.  I would rather see posts used in this fashion than not.  We're playing this game for fun, and between online times and player availability, it can be exceedingly difficult to communicate even the smallest things.

hi tlaloc iwould liek to join tazi bin laden

i dont care if u gyus suprt terroerororists u are c00l and i want to help i learned how to be jerk from my stepemother who was an elf magficker and showed me owhow to maek shadow puppets can i plz be in thanks
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "Hoodwink"Because again, if every time I make a post I have to worry about and ask myself "Is this something the entire populace of Allanak (or Tuluk, etc.) going to hear about?" then I wouldn't bother to use the boards what so ever.  I would rather see posts used in this fashion than not.  We're playing this game for fun, and between online times and player availability, it can be exceedingly difficult to communicate even the smallest things.

My only point would be that posts could be worded in such a way as to not reinforce the notion that its a small enough city that telling someone to 'go find the honey-haired woman' is a legitimate way to identify someone, or that a city room without NPCs in it is empty.

A post about a random drunk complaining about all the people looking for the Byn sergeant where the drunk just happens to detail the PC searching for the Byn sergeant would be an example.

"I'm tryin' to drink, but in walks this big claw-scarred feck, blabbin' on about how he wants to sign on.  Can't a fella get his drinkin' done in peace?"

As opposed to something like I've read before:

People are talking about how this claw-scarred, crimson-eyed man is looking for a Byn sergeant.  What could he want with the Byn?  Possibly to join, but others wonder if maybe he wants to hire them.

I don't get heart palpitations when I read the latter, but I do assume that the person making the post has yet to get a grasp on the size of the city in question and how truly insignificant the role mosts PCs play is.

Tlaloc wrote:
QuoteI'd like to ask that everyone who wants to join the Byn, or deal with them, please be alittle patient. Like the poster above said: email me if you'd like to join, and - for the love of god - be sure to include your Account name and Character name in the email, and the usual times I can catch you. I can't tell you how many random "I'd like to join the Byn plz." emails I've gotten, with no indication of who this person is, or when I might find them online.

And
QuoteDue to string of badly timed IC and OOC factors, the Byn is currently having problems recruiting in Allanak (and to a Lesser Degree, Tuluk).

This has been interpreted by some to mean that there is no IC recruitment. The Byn does recruit in Tuluk, I don't know if the Allanak situation has changed.

In Tuluk, read the IC board for instructions on finding the proper people.