So, how do you want to die?

Started by Anonymous, March 10, 2003, 08:17:54 PM

If you could choose any IC death what would be the best?

What is the worst way to die on Arm?

Well I actually think I'm quite an authority on dying   :evil:

Funnest = torture by a Templar. Because there's the possibility of escape.
Scariest = Getting captured by an Evil Defiler
Boring = gith #642

I want to get eaten by THE Dragon.  Not just any dragon, THE Dragon.  EAT ME, Dragon!!!

:)

Thanks.

Best: Drowning in water. *because you'd need to find a pool of water large enough to drown in

Worst: Drowning in water. *because you did find a pool of water large enough to drown in, but now you're dead
lt;Varak> "If my theory proves correct, weezers and dwarves, due to their similar evolutionary environment, should join in a symbiotic relationship in extended isolation."

Quote from: "krelin"EAT ME, Dragon!!!
He said ways to die, not sexual fantasies :P

Quote from: "krelin"I want to get eaten by THE Dragon.  Not just any dragon, THE Dragon.  EAT ME, Dragon!!!

:)

Thanks.

emote savagely bites into ~krelin, tearing !krelin limb from limb, than spits the torn, bloody flesh back onto the ground, just to spite !krelin.

It'd be fun if old Tek's tower fell on some poor fool. It'd just tip right over, and the golden top would roll over, smashing that someone to bits

Better yet, Krath could suddenly decide to produce a really really bad but pinpoint-sharp solar flare.. one that'd cover a small area of the world. and a very lucky someone just happened to be in the immediate area, with no one else around.

Oo! A golden penny could fall from the top tier of the Ivory Pyramid, and land right on top of some bard's head.

Those stories about dropping pennies from buildings -could- be true..  :twisted:
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Nessalin :)
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

poison, death via thirst or hunger while stranded alone or with a group in the desert.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

So long as I don't somehow stupidly manage to kill off my own pc via eating poisoned fruit or some other vile and ignoble way of going into the endless night, I'm down with it.

Lo Ptar:  Outlander have two choices.  Death or Bunga-Bunga.
My PC:  What's Bunga-Bunga?
Lo Ptar:  Bunga-Bunga is butt-fuck by whole tribe.
My PC:  *smirking*  Well, in that case, I'll take death.
*village of painted halfling savages goes wild with glee*
My PC:  Why are they so...excited?
Lo Ptar:  *with a feral grin*  Death.....BY Bunga-Bunga!!

Hmmmmn.  On second thought, I don't mind killing my pc stupidly so much.
:twisted:

I fear any sort of death where you're alone and far off from civilization.  Where no one will find your body except maybe some scavanging elves.  So, no one will know you're dead, they'll just think you faded away.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?

I prefer to die heroically in some way... either protecting my PC's love interests, or comrades.

And I fear dying without having the chance to really do anything, or be actively involved. This happened to me once, in a manner which may no longer exist anymore, and I don't want to give anything away if it does, but involved hearing a bell. How unsatisfying.
Ladies and gents, we're still alive
By the skin of our teeth, now it's killing time
Angel in our pocket, devil by our side
We ain't going nowhere, cuz' heroes never die!"

Blood of Heroes - Megadeth

Dying, and taking about 50 people with me. I.e. a badass warrior sweeping through platoons of men and slowly getting worn down, then finally dying. Or running into Trader's screaming, 'JIHAD!' and taking out every silk-wearing son of a bitch with me.

Crazy ways to die would be cool, too. Trying to tame the Dragon or going down to some animal that nobody's ever seen before.

One of the reasons I hate death in Arm is because you don't know what happened. There's absolutly no closure. 'Okay, I just told this PC a secret and if I die it's all going to spill out.' Then you die, and you have no idea what happened. It's like getting out of a movie in the middle of the climax.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

One of my favorite characters died of dehydration... with the help of some Kuraci...

I had insulted someone, and was being carried off when I ran away, only to find myself in a kuraci...place... with no water... I got to like 20 health before my character went mad and attacked the guard...

Quote from: "Carnage"Dying, and taking about 50 people with me. I.e. a badass warrior sweeping through platoons of men and slowly getting worn down, then finally dying. Or running into Trader's screaming, 'JIHAD!' and taking out every silk-wearing son of a bitch with me.

The more he posts, the more I like him  :twisted:

The best death? Something heroic or evil that effects many people and is long remembered. I think having a character people remember for a little while is great, it leaves a sense of impact, I guess.

The worst death? When you're thrown in prison and a templar comes in, asks a few boring questions and orders all his NPCs to attack you. Nothing sucks worse then being locked in a room and slain by NPCs with barely an emote thrown your way.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

I imagine being hunted by a delf or someone with as little respect for the code as myself would be fun. I don't mean just being shot at either. I mean playing cat and mouse all over the tablelands or the shield wall or something, for days on end. That'd rock, until I would die.

A death that definitely sucks is the kind where players don't even give you an ooc chance to make some ic conflict in the face of your character's end. The great players trust you to stand still when they've got a spear at your throat. The so-so ones subdue you and kill you, or lock the door and kill you, etc.

Yay for trust!
Dig?

Someday I will die by subduing my arch-nemesis on the top of Whira's Tower and then leaping bodily over the edge with him, biting his neck the entire way down... hopefully with a bunch of people watching, or even better, with one of those nice squishy templars to land on.

Worst death?  I agree with Gith #642, but even more insult is gith spear #847... because then you can't even go down fighting.

I only hope that someone found my latest bit of gith-chow... because they've gotta be pimp.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I think the best way to die, is at the culmination of either a great plotline, or a great quest...  where your chars death actually means something, and other people see or know about it. Rather than dying anomously...

The worst are deaths that are the result of OOC information, or unrealistic reasons for killing someone or dying. Or someone who has too much power and is pissed off for some other reason, and shitkills you basically becasue they can.

Moe the Schmoe
:twisted:  :evil:
I wish it hurt to be dumb.

Best Death - Gettin' Whacked by stupid H-giants!
Worst Death -  Gettin' Whacked by D-elf killing machines

re-thought my best death scenario:

cast 'klatuu verata nikto'

pem Drops of water begin to form and crystalize within @ hand.

You see a white, fluffy snowball appear in your hand.
You brandish a white, fluffy snowball.

think Excellente!  Viva la resistance!  (rights to whoever did the 'kankcharge' post)

throw snowball templar south
You cock back your arm to aim your shot...
You throw a white fluffy snowball south.
You see a white fluffy snowball hit the hard-nosed templar in the head!

You hear a man's voice shout from the south, in sirihish,
"What the FEK is this?!"

Now granted, I don't know if a templar would kill you for giving them the gift of nice, cold water... but it might happen.  *grin*
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

My best was a two hour long fight in the canyons of waste with my ol' J'karri
Him and his beloved fell into a hole and he defended her from an onslaught of jakhals, wave after wave of them, slowly being worn down until one slipped past his parry and nearly finished him, then they had a loving goodbye scene and the next wave tore them both into shreds.

Worst... Hrm... I'd definately have to say the time my rinth rat accidentally ran past a certain powerful defiler, thought he was free, then was dragged back through many painful bladed barriers to his youthful death  :shock:
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
- Arthur Golden

I dunno, I was kinda irked when a previous character picked up some spice she found on the street.  I go looking for a Templar to give it to (the character didn't know better) and some guards search and try to arrest me, and since I didn't have nosave on, I slipped out of their grip and they killed me...all in the prompt immediately after typing 'n' to leave the room.  That was just a little bit unsatisfying.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I want 2 die in a war.... but i always die the day befor becuase of an fing assasin from the enemy side.
bad death...and ooc friend takes is cahr finds you and kill you with no ic reason THat fing pissed me off so much i kicked his ass :(  :(  :(
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

i am so bummed right now
the worst way possible to die is bey acidentally going linkdead logging back on and fidning out that your char died and you dont know how and you had no way of stoppingit.
I am so pissed , he was my favorite char of all time.
DAMN!
oh I'm on fire.