Selling Things in Tuluk

Started by Morninglight, March 08, 2003, 10:33:55 PM

I've created my first serious Tuluki character, and I'm just wondering if there are any rules about selling things in Tuluk, like the merchant's licenses down in ol' Nak.

Also, if there's any tips anyone would like to add, they'd be appreciated.
laloc may be permadorked, but I am the Permadork!

First time Ive had to post this in awhile, but since everyone else hasnt jumped on you yet, I guess I will.

The thing you'll probably hear is to find out ICly.
Id start with asking a Templar, or maybe a staff animated Bartender at one of the many taverns on the customs of the area and if such a thing is required. One of those will most likely give you a descisive answer.

I can add that the -old- north was free of such customs, and Ive seen people buy and sell things in the Sanctuary since then, and they dont seem to come up dead the next day.

-AND-
You dont need a merchant's liscense even in Allanak to sell things to shopkeepers, so if thats what you were intending to do I wouldnt worry about it.

Hope that helps.

I don't think there are any special rules on commerce.  Reading the IC BB in one of the taverns will give you a good idea of the current legal situation.  

Helpful hints:

Don't call a white robed templar Lord, all white robed templars are female.  You don't want to be insulting their femaninity.   :shock:  (Conversely the red robed templars are all male, so don't call 'em Lady).

Don't be afraid to go for a long walk to explore the whole city.  There are shops all over, even in places you might not expect.

Don't try to make friends with the halflings.   8)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins