Marraige help?

Started by Father what's that verse?, March 06, 2003, 07:27:04 PM

As everyone knows, I'm the master of ladies.

Step 1: Dress like a tough guy. Tough guys wear tuxedos. Everywhere.
Step 2: Talk like a tough guy. Tough guys use words like "dividends" and "shizzle".
Step 3: Smoke, and work on a dough farm. Every tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.

You're welcome, Sephiroto.

The way I've always seen marriage on Zalanthas is as a rarity. The only spiritual reason I can see (ie joining under god) is if the sorcerer-kings encouraged their servants to pair up, or group up, to be more efficient. But that brings up money. If marriage is a legal thing, it's gonna cost 'sid, and that just isn't likely for lower-class citizens. They'd have less to spend on goods and real services like hair de-ratting and skin treatments, which isn't good for the city. As far as legal reasons go, most citizens have few if any rights in the first place. Right to property in the event of a death would be the only issue I can think of that a marriage would help resolve, but there are better ways to do that. That is at least how I see lower-class unions going. As for nobles and wealthier merchants... hey, they can do whatever the hell they want.
Dig?

All marriages are economic. People in love just fuck.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

It was funny the first time.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]