Author Topic: Polls  (Read 1418 times)

Polls
« on: October 01, 2002, 11:55:39 AM »
If someone makes a poll on a code idea, and it gets so completly voted to the positive will the imms implement it? I don't mean like if its a dumb idea that benefits us twinking and stuff, but the serious ideas.

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72

Such as this one, I'd say 92% out of over 50 voters would be grounds for imping this idea.  Just curious.

Sanvean

• My Website
Yes and No
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2002, 12:53:55 PM »
The staff reads the boards, and we try to be responsive to expressions of player wants. But there are no guarantees.

Reasons why a request might not be coded:

1) Too much possible abuse
2) Incompatible with the spirit or feel of the game
3) Too much work for too little impact
4) No one available or interested in coding it
5) It would break other code

Some things take a long time to get implemented, as folks will have noticed. Something may linger in the ideas or bugs files for a number of months, for example, before someone puts them in. Why? Myself, I try to group fixes and put in a bunch of crafting stuff one weekend when I've got time, as opposed to a few every weekend for a a month.

As for the disengage command, I'm not going to code it, myself. I don't mess with the combat code, aside from fixing the occasional typo. Ness would be the logical person to look at this, I think, since he's the one that's done the most recently with that code, and was the person who put in the mercy flag. He reads these boards too, so it's his call.