burglar skills

Started by guest, March 04, 2003, 06:24:57 PM

i noticed that the burglar recieved the skill of critical strike. i was just wondering if they would ever be as good at it as an assassin.

Short answer: No

Long answer: Nope
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

You can work out for A LOT of guilds who will be better at what skill. An obvious guess is that the Pick-Pocket Guild will be much better at pick-pocketing then the Burglar Guild. Another obvious guess is that the Warrior Guild will be better at Shield Use then the Merchant Guild. ;)

Also, guilds are ALWAYS better at skills then sub-guilds (with one or two exceptions). So if you choose the Warrior Guild and the Thief sub-guild then your steal skill won't be able to become as high as someone who has the Pick-Pocket Guild.

Also it's best to e-mail the Helpers about skills that are branched (although in this instant you didn't do anything wrong due to the fact it says it in the Burglar Documentation). This is just so if class X branches uber-skill Y that no-one knows about, it stays a secret for most people. ;)

Good luck.

QuoteSo if you choose the Warrior Guild and the Thief sub-guild then your steal skill won't be able to become as high as someone who has the Pick-Pocket Guild.

So there is a cap on how high your skills can go?

Right.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Quote from: "Anonymous"So there is a cap on how high your skills can go?

Yes, but you pretty much never have to worry about hitting it.  It takes a very long time to hit the caps.

like everyone starts with the Psionic powers contact and barrier,
but they will never reach a high enough point to branch into the
psionicist powers that everyone loathes and fears.

That post is extremely misleading, Jenred.

The class/guild abilities that a psionicist enjoys are his/hers alone.  Regardless of your level of contact, you will never be able to see the more advanced mind functions unless you are a mindbender.

The way you presented it is ambiguous, though it is certainly probable that psionicists cap these abilities at higher levels, the same way a warrior will cap shield use higher, though all classes receive the skill(s).
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]