Race Relations

Started by Zalanthan, September 27, 2006, 01:42:18 AM

The website and help files have some very detailed information on how to play the other races, specifically a race's opinions of the others.  However, nowhere can I find information on how humans regard the other races.  Could someone please help me out?

Humans regard elves with extreme distrust and scorn.

Humans regard half-elves with derision and revulsion.

Humans and dwarves tend to get along okay, humans might be somewhat amused at dwarven singlemindedness... or comedy. I mean just imagine what a dwarf looks like. Hilarious!

Humans think half-giants are stupid.

Humans think muls are scary and mean.

Humans think of halflings, mantis, gith, etc. as enemies, because they usually want to kill and/or eat you.
subdue thread
release thread pit

I think one of the greatest things about humans actually is that they are very different from one to another.

Allthough Jherlen's post is right on for the most part, it's definately not unheard of for human's to like elves, halbreeds, mul's etc.

Always a pc's interactions with the world change, some of the most fun I've had was actually a pc who -hated- a certain race and was rescued by them like, 4 times. Heh, he eventually accepted them.

On average though, I'd say his list is right, but it always will depend on your char. Just don't make elves that like to ride, or I'll kill you.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Let's put it this way :

Human vs. Elves : Humans are on top and elves come in second.  There is a lot of competition, and elven culture has a deep appreciation of thievery.

Humans vs Half-Elves : All the bad blood that might be between elves and humans is added on to something that doesn't quite look like it belongs to either side.  They tend to be just the sort that bullies love to harass and abuse.

Human vs. Dwarves : Dwarves are always doing their own thing.  There might be some aspects of competition, but dwarves meld well in human society.  While they may be maddeningly single-minded, most are willing to conduct business with little care for race, so long as they know the business achieves their goals.

Human vs. Half-Giants : They're big, strong, and most definately dumb.  Sometimes that's a predictable combination, other times it's not, and they can do a lot of damage.  The safest thing to do is to always keep your eyes on a half-giant.  They tend to be nice and cooperative, but you never know when something is going to go through its head and come out all wrong.

Humans vs. Muls : Muls are all bred by someone rich.  There are no naturally occuring muls.  Not only that, but I have personally never heard of a mul that was bred to be a laborer, most are probably warriors of some kind.  They also have an inclination toward fits of anger.  So, imagine meeting an emotional, hulking warrior who could beat you flat in seconds.

Humans vs Gith/Mantis/Halflings etc. : All are going to try to kill you.  Most are going to eat you afterwards.  Who knows what the gith do with the bodies?
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: "Dalmeth"Humans vs Gith/Mantis/Halflings etc. : All are going to try to kill you.  Most are going to eat you afterwards.  Who knows what the gith do with the bodies?

Well known fact that gith use human parts for cosmetic surgery on one another, to improve their appearance.  Thick of medieval nip'tuck.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.