Question about subclasses

Started by Guest, February 26, 2003, 01:38:25 PM

Just a quick question, If you pick a secondary class that your main class already gets, only you have to branch it, Do you eventually get better at that skill that you would've if you had picked a subclass without that skill?

Hmm. not sure if that is clear..

i.e. Picking warrior, then subclass archery, would you be a better archer than you would've if you'd picked Warrior, uh, thief?

Thanks for the help.

Not sure about when you have branch it, but say for example you pick
a thief with subclass pickpocket, your stealing will start better, receiving a bonus from each class.

I imagine in your scenario that when you'd get to the point of branching archery it would just improve on your archery skill.

Or other case, do nothing at all since when its branched to its basically starting at 1 (numberwise)

Quote from: "Jenred"Not sure about when you have branch it, but say for example you pick a thief with subclass pickpocket, your stealing will start better, receiving a bonus from each class.

I actually believe this is wrong.  If you pick a subclass with a skill your main class starts with, your starting skill level would not be the sum of both skills, just the greater.  Example:

Class:  Warrior/house servant
                             Cooking:         5/30

You would start with a 30 in cooking, not 35.

As far as your skill cap, it again would be the greater of the two, not both.  To use your example:

Class:           Warrior/Archer
               Archery skill max:          50/ 40

You would cap/max out at 50, not 90.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Marc is correct

Warriors have a maximum percentage for the archery skill, whichis unaffected by subguild choice.

Subguilds are intended to represent background skills. Picking archer as a subclass means you will start with a higher percentage in that skill than a warrior who picks a different one.