Your most satisfying deaths

Started by Tired and less sad, August 27, 2006, 06:23:21 PM

That contains some pretty sensitive info Titansfan.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Unfortunatly I mostly die to stupid crap like gith, but there have been a few pc kills that were really cool.

I had a zany ruk once that honestly thought he was some kind of prophet and started preaching his head off to people. Well one of the people happened to be a Nilazi who really didn't care much for rukkians. I won't tell you what happened, but heh.

There was also a clumsy ass elf I had that was captured by the templarate with his brother. He was subdued and the templar chopped at his neck and took him to 1 hp. Hilariously enough the templar let me live and carried me around the city for a while, then to the dungeons, then outside, all the while I was emoting having my head literally barely hanging on. Heh. Once he was tossed out onto the sand it was all over for mister 1 hp left.

There were a few others that were cool, but mostly because I found something big ICly that pwned me.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I know this is going to come back to bite me in the butt one day, but I've only had one satisfying death...you know, it sucks to have long lived PCs sometimes.  You don't get the "I got speared by Lord Fancypant's guards while escaping with a treasure trove of metal shinies that made me turn invisible" stories.  You get all sorts of really neat near-death experiences.  Maybe we should have a "Close calls" thread, but only for things older than a certain date?...
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

My best death yet..

Bob the krathi branches a bunch of awesome new spells

bob the krathi goes to buy a shirt in town

bob the krathi is gone for just a minute, a girl showed up at his house

bob the krathi is gone still because his player is currently sexxing up the next room.

bob the krathi starves to death while sex session takes place.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

This death is fairly recent, but overral my character has not interacted with 'any' PC his whole life which lasted about ... 3 hours I think.

Anyway, a young dumb pup buys a map to Steinal and goes there thinking Steinal treasure is the solution for his life's troubles. Now, he's young and dumb by the backstory, so he goes there with very little water (2 waterskins), loses his kank before reaching the salts and does not turn back. Suprisingly, the guy just ... does not die, he manages to survive the meks, the worms, the other critters. Eventually, some Imm helped him liven up his last hours with some wonderful interactions, which helped the young character to realize how stupid and callous he was. Witout a doubt, if he returned to Allanak, he would've lived out his life in a much wiser, mature, and balanced way. Alas, he obviously didnt make it back, dying to a thing of no importance.  

It wasnt the death that was most exciting, it was the whole 3 hour long story of the boy who went looking for Steinal to find wealth, but found wisdom and death. Hum, that even rhymes =)

One died from poison, a rather foolish mistake after his long involved history, but that was my longest lived character.

My greatest death, in-game, would have to be when my tor scorpion turned on his pursuit in th' copper wars. That's really all that needs to be said but he was out of moves. - I have tah mention they wanted to take him alive at first but not after a few minutes of trying to bring him down. :P
And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."

My most satisfying death happened with my first character, and within the first 20 minutes of my first time entering Armageddon. I was playing a thief, and had absolutely no idea how the crim-code worked, so I decided to try to steal from someone. Soon after a group of soldiers and a PC Templar showed up and began questioning me, I can't really remember what the conversation was about, but it ended in me being thrown in jail. After finally getting out of jail I was completely lost, and then out of nowhere another PC shows up and starts asking me if I needed any help. I thought it was awfully nice of him so I accepted his offer and started following him. We eventually ended up in what I'm assuming was his apartment, and he told me to wait in one room while he went and got something out of another. While I was waiting I kept thinking about how nice this guy was, then all of a sudden he shows up and murders me. I'm still not sure what I did to gain the attention of an assassin, if he was one, but it was pretty amazing.

Quote from: "rcarte10"My most satisfying death happened with my first character, and within the first 20 minutes of my first time entering Armageddon. I was playing a thief, and had absolutely no idea how the crim-code worked, so I decided to try to steal from someone. Soon after a group of soldiers and a PC Templar showed up and began questioning me, I can't really remember what the conversation was about, but it ended in me being thrown in jail. After finally getting out of jail I was completely lost, and then out of nowhere another PC shows up and starts asking me if I needed any help. I thought it was awfully nice of him so I accepted his offer and started following him. We eventually ended up in what I'm assuming was his apartment, and he told me to wait in one room while he went and got something out of another. While I was waiting I kept thinking about how nice this guy was, then all of a sudden he shows up and murders me. I'm still not sure what I did to gain the attention of an assassin, if he was one, but it was pretty amazing.

Sounds like a robbery, not an assassination.

Quote from: "rcarte10"I'm still not sure what I did to gain the attention of an assassin

It was your 1000 or so starting coins. :)
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"
Quote from: "rcarte10"I'm still not sure what I did to gain the attention of an assassin

Which is pathetic roleplay, seeing as there is no concept of "starting" coins IC.
your mother is an elf.

Unless they had peek and saw the coins..

Dont be so cutndry with what you think is good rp hearing only one side of a situation and a brief one at that, whether is be a newbies death, or a templar executing over red-eyes or whatever.  There could be a hundred ways to explain a situation that you dont see
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I'm an asshole. I take everything literally. He said starting coins. I'm an asshole.

:)
your mother is an elf.

Quote from: "Moofassa"
Quote from: "Cale_Knight"

Which is pathetic roleplay, seeing as there is no concept of "starting" coins IC.

That might be true, but I like to pretend it isn't, makes the situation seem more romantic  :)

It would never have happened if I knew then what I know now, there's absolutely no way I'd follow a stranger to his apartment today, I think that's what made it so much fun, I had no idea what I was doing and the whole situation just seemed so amazing, back then I felt like I had really made someone angry enough to hire an assassin. That's what made me create a new character, I wanted to become the person doing the hiring, not the one being killed  :)

In my opinion, there 'is' such a thing as starting money. An absolutely OOC thing, but it still exists. And I believe even the Imms agree that people should not pull things that only work on newbies, only because they know they're newbies. I remember when Hymwen began playing and her first chara got rolled up in the first couple hours, stripped of all the 'starting' coin and so on, the playerbase was outraged and told her on these forums that this wasnt exactly a right thing to do to newbies, advising to send logs and so on.

It's not so much the part about mugging a new player, it's when the way you do it is OOC-motivated. Two example scenarios:

I would consider this fair (but a bit mean if the offender knows the target is brand new):
Amos the Newbie, born and raised in Allanak, is walking down the street wearing his newbie clothes. Someone decides to mug him and roleplays it out, holding the guy up and giving the guy a roleplay experience that could actually have happened to his character.

I would consider this unfair and despicable:
Amos the Newbie, same as above, is sitting in the starting room in the Gaj. Someone walks in and offers to take him to the grocer, Amos accepts and follows the guy, who then leads him in the opposite direction to a room that Amos realistically would never have followed anyone to, and does a sloppy job of roleplaying the robbery.

The difference is that the first example could have happened whether or not Amos was new or not, it sucks and it's not what I'd want a new player to see as their first interaction, but it's plausible. In the second example, the robber uses Amos' obvious lack of game knowledge against him, and rushes him into a situation he wouldn't have agreed to if he knew what was going on.

A similar situation that has happened before: guy from Clan A knows people from Clan B wants him dead. Someone tricks the guy into following them, and then speed-walks to Clan B's compound too fast for the guy to be able to codedly stop following, and locks him inside so they can kill him with no risk and no opportunity for the guy to roleplay. It should never have happened because there's no way the character would have followed. If you suspect someone did something for OOC reasons and is using code or someone else's lack of game knowledge in an unrealistic way, the best thing to do is to send a log of the event to the staff and describe what the problem is.
b]YB <3[/b]

:(

Well, that went from being a really fun and satisfying way to die, to being a really dull and shameful way to die.

Yes! Mission accomplished! My first character had a near similar experience really, albeit ... different I suppose. It was an adolescent pick pocket who walked into Barrel's second floor within maybe the first half hour of him playing. He was quicly picked up by a PC whore, lead to a private room, almost forcefully shagged (Adolescent, so I just ... stood still, eyes wide and stuff), then caressed on the cheek and told to sleep. I knew I'll wake up without those 1k 'sid, but I slept anyway. It was still kinda fun, my first and last non faded sex in the mud.

Oddly enough, about an 'hour' later, I was picked up by some merchant who pretty much pronounced me her future aide. She gave me half a large spending money, clothing (Not silk, but pretty spiffy stuff) and a specific instruction not to enter the 'rinth. She was in a hurry, so she didnt really explain what 'rinth was, so it took me awhile to figure it out and enter it. Obviously I died like ... instantly, considering the type of clothing she gave me.

Quote from: "rcarte10":(

Well, that went from being a really fun and satisfying way to die, to being a really dull and shameful way to die.

gj team. Pretty sure this is the "satisfying deaths" thread.

Oh well, even if it wasn't the kind of cool assassination I thought it to be, it was still fun. I got to be questioned and taken to prison with my first character, which is something I haven't been able to duplicate yet. If I would've just been killed by a bunch of NPC soldiers and left to rot then I might not have been so excited about returning with a new character. Even if the guy that killed me was just after my newbie coins, it was still a PC and he did sort of roleplay with me. I remember one of the best parts being that I was an elf and had no idea that I was speaking a different language than the templar, he kept ordering me to speak Sirihish, but I had no idea what that was. That's the best part about starting a new game, you're such a n00b that you have no idea what is going on, and everything seems so magical and mysterious. Now that the mystery is gone, the game is still fun, but not quite as magical as it was with that first character.

Same thing happened with EVE online, with my first character I opened the universe map and saw the hundreds of different solar systems and almost went into shock. I couldn't believe how huge the game world was. Then, as I leveled up and began to understand things better, I realized that each of those solar systems were basically the exact same thing with a few graphical tweaks. It wasn't exactly the most amazing game world ever once I caught on to how the universe worked.

I guess all games are like this though. It's the virginity problem. No matter how many times you get busy with someone, and no matter how hot or good she is in bed, it'll never be as exciting as that first time.

Okay, I'm going to stop there... I just compared Armageddon to sex, and now I should probably take a nap.

Now here's where you're wrong, buddy. I have played Eve online, and I fully understand what you mean. But Armageddon's a bit different in that most places here 'are' different. Tuluki and Allanak 'are' extremely different, and standard behaviors in both cities differ somewhat. Desert Elven tribes are even more different, and so on. So nah, I doubt you've extinguished all the novelty from armageddon, you just began. It's just this time, you do not end up facing something wondrous of this manner right off the start, you have to little a little. But it'll come.

All I can really say is thanks Ashyom  :twisted:   It was bloody, gruesome, one hell of a surprise and a fitting way to end what has been my favorite character.  I suppose maybe after Arm 2.0 gets operational I might actually be able to give some details  :P

Yeah. I had a friend, Vivaduan, just branched all his spells after practicing, gotten everything done, was out mining, so he minimized the screen to go to the bathroom, while he was gone a scrab came in and slowly killed him, he got back right when he was close to death and typed flee and it blocked and finished him off.

My most satisfying death was getting killed for an IC reason that I understood, agreed with and was made aware of upon the demise of my character.

My least satisfying death was the exact opposite.
omorrow is cancelled due to lack of interest.