Your most satisfying deaths

Started by Tired and less sad, August 27, 2006, 06:23:21 PM

Doing something bad which caught the attention of specific people, and after an exciting headhunt I was brought to justice in a fair, realistic and interesting manner.

Quote from: "Chronicle"I was tossed in the arena with my blades and killed <the mul> in one-on-one combat. The crowd was stunned and I was acting all bad and shit, emoting my ass off -- then the trap door opened and the Gaj that came out ate me in two hits

Holy shit, I remember that. That was the most badass arena event I've ever seen. I think my PC bet on you...

Just so that I'm actually contributing: My most satisfying death... was almost six years ago when I was very very noobish. My only death to a PC. I was a super twink elven pickpocket back in the day when pickpockets could steal just about anything. I made a shitload of coins, bought a lot of silk clothes, went out to the rinth looking to join the guild and ran into a PC who took great pleasure in ending my twinkish life.

I wish someone would kill my characters more often. I end up being overly cautious and storing my long-lived characters, or being overly brave and die to something silly.

My happy, wily 'rinther was making his mornin' rounds, a happy jaunt through the alleys when he enters a room to see this...

The uber scary magickal dood is floating here.
He's glowing WHITE!!ONe1
He is surrounded by FLYING SCARY THINGS!
He has a RED AURA!(EVIL(TM))

So, without delay, my wily 'rinther most skillfully books it, sprinting across the labyrinth while shouting 'waaaaaahhhh!' at the top of his lungs. Minutes pass and distance is achieved and just as I begin to relax I start flying through the air, all the way across the 'rinth, and then back and forth through a bladewall as a certain spell was cast and recast.
I was gigglin' too hard to feel sad when I died.
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
- Arthur Golden

(walking in the salt flats [no kank])

After looking east, west, north, and south... nothing.
Started to get some salt. A moment later...

>A mekillot arrives from the east.

lol, than he slashed my arm, and I kicked it. He slashed my leg, and I tried to flee, but couldn't. The mekillot than showed me the mantis head.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

You know why you failed to flee?

Kick lags you out for a bit until you recover from doing the move!

The moral of the story is not to kick mekillots unless you really want to.

:lol:

-kick templar
    -kick defiler
    -kick mekillot
    -kick giant/half-giant

Well... at least I can cross it off the list.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I had an insane character who thought he was a krathi, but actually had no magickal ability whatsoever.  One aspect of his neurosis is that he wanted to burn down Traders.  His first attempt got him arrested, thrown into the Arena, where he cowered away from the thieves sent to fight him.  He survived (for being a coward I guess?) and was enslaved.  Being crazy, he tries to burn down Traders again, at which point he died just outside of Traders.

To a fireball.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

There are some dangers within the Table-lands that are out of this world!  When the Code is written with imagination behind it like in Armageddon, getting eaten by the young can be entertaining.
-yc

You think. "Hmm.. everything here seems alright."

beep.

Perfect timing ftw.

My spice hunter was down in Storm, merrily going about the outside of the walls and looking for spice deposits.

Lo and behold, the day nears a close, so I get ready to start trucking back into the city.  All of a sudden:

A silt horror has arrived from the east.

think Oh shit.

run
w
w
w

You are exhausted.

emote curls into the fetal position.

*Mantis head*
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Touching metal. It was even [lol, too special for you to know :>]! Then I died about a hour later, which sucked.

WWYD wrote:
QuoteTouching metal. It was even [lol, too special for you to know :>]! Then I died about a hour later, which sucked.
If your character somehow has a metallic object fall into his possession, and he is not a super-powerful defiler or a templar or a noble, he will die within 24 hours.
It's scientific fact.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"WWYD wrote:
QuoteTouching metal. It was even [lol, too special for you to know :>]! Then I died about a hour later, which sucked.
If your character somehow has a metallic object fall into his possession, and he is not a super-powerful defiler or a templar or a noble, he will die within 24 hours.
It's scientific fact.

'Tis also a fact that there is an exception to every rule.  I had a past character that had in his possession for some time a certain skull toped metal object....Well, sure the PC died a few RL days later, but it wasn't over the metal!
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I was a certain Templar that had been cast out of his ranks and tossed forcibly into the rinth. I had managed to bribe the guild to hide me and keep me alive in exchange for some things. Day 1...day 2...day 3...living in a hidden room with only a few people to talk to. But I keep thinking, if I can just manage to figure a way out into the desert with a kank...I could get away and hide....

One day in walks my "protector" with sad looking face and he says, "I'm really sorry about this, old friend."

Next thing I know there is a dagger in my ribs and I'm unconscious. A few emotes later and my throat is cut. A sad, quiet end to one of Allanak's most corrupt.

Apparently my head was later paraded around the city by my former colleagues.

Best death 3V4R!
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "YellowCactus"There are some dangers within the Table-lands that are out of this world!  When the Code is written with imagination behind it like in Armageddon, getting eaten by the young can be entertaining.
-yc

Yes.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "Pale Horse"
Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"WWYD wrote:
It's scientific fact.

'Tis also a fact that there is an exception to every rule.  I had a past character that had in his possession for some time a certain skull toped metal object....Well, sure the PC died a few RL days later, but it wasn't over the metal!

Doesn't have to be over the metal. Thisa is one of those fate things.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Quote from: "jmordetsky"I was a certain Templar that had been cast out of his ranks and tossed forcibly into the rinth. I had managed to bribe the guild to hide me and keep me alive in exchange for some things. Day 1...day 2...day 3...living in a hidden room with only a few people to talk to. But I keep thinking, if I can just manage to figure a way out into the desert with a kank...I could get away and hide....

One day in walks my "protector" with sad looking face and he says, "I'm really sorry about this, old friend."

Next thing I know there is a dagger in my ribs and I'm unconscious. A few emotes later and my throat is cut. A sad, quiet end to one of Allanak's most corrupt.

Best death 3V4R!

Those were the good ole days, for sure.  :evil:
You do know that MUDsex is not a coded skill, right? -Nidhogg

Oh, god. My first char. ever. It was a great -but shameful- death. My Byn runner had just spent the morning sparring with some of his good'ol mates, then he walks into the mess and:

Think "man, I'm really thirsty". I lookat the tables and notice a bottle on one of them. I take it. I sip it and it says, [to this affect] "It tastes strange, as if it's been tampered with." I think to myself that it's just my imagination, so I just chug the entire bottle without a 2nd thought.

A few minutes later, I'm vomiting all over the place, unsure of what's wrong with myself. Sarge #1 runs in. Shouts, "Oh feck! He's dyin!" Sarge #2 runs in. "Feck!"

I get lead around by one of the sarge's for awhile, before I puke again and suddenly - MANTIS HEAD.

Another Death. A friend and I are sneaking into a cave, owned by several raiders. We run off with mount 1, 2, and 3. Raiders notice. We scream and scatter. I'm loaded down with all of their belongings, but none notice. We fight, I beat a few back, then disengage and run my arse off.

3 spaces away from a city's certain gates, I'm exhausted. Here comes 4 figures in hoods, riding on mounts. One says, "I'm gonna bleed you good" as he draws a club. Another one chants at me. I say, "Yea. I know" and sigh, as I draw my weapon and make my last stand.

The char. after that one wanders out towards the sands to do a bit of mining, then suddenly discovers my last char.'s head.

I enjoyed laughing at the Irony.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I had a certain bynner high in rank and we were out on a mission to kill gith by the thousands.

I rack up the number 8 kill when someone moons me and stuns me. I died after four gith were gang banging me, it took them awhile, with my skillz, but they finally got me, since I wasn't fighting back. I was the only fucker to die that day.
The irony in it was that an npc was animated and it told me a story. That story happened to come true -on- me.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Couple years back, I had a character who pretty much couldn't handle what he'd done, and went nutso. Made a large scene somewhere, and got taken away by some people in white. Sang an awesome song on his way to his death.

Still my favorite.
your mother is an elf.

This is a friends death which was interesting.

I had a certain child character in the Wyverns that was pwnzor at combat, my friend decided to make a twin brother of mine (we roleplayed it out) anyways after a while the brother (friends char) rp's going crazy and me and this guy in the clan have to hold him down... so yeah... me and the brother char fight, he goes unconcious, wakes up and freaks out and attacks me, i retaliate and well... you probably know what happens next... my character cried for many days. My friend laughed. It was emotional.

Also, the child char later went on to become a certain 'arena fighter' which was great roleplay, my sponsor had a magicker cast spells on me, so I went out and owned several monsters in the arena with ease, eventually though got a mekillot to terrible and it owned me. Didn't die then though, blamed a death of a friend on a certain house and magickly died a few hours later *hehe*.

Quote from: "jmordetsky"I was a certain Templar that had been cast out of his ranks and tossed forcibly into the rinth. I had managed to bribe the guild to hide me and keep me alive in exchange for some things. Day 1...day 2...day 3...living in a hidden room with only a few people to talk to. But I keep thinking, if I can just manage to figure a way out into the desert with a kank...I could get away and hide....

Best death 3V4R!

Dude... Good times.  I will hopefully post about it in logs or stories for original submissions.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"I had a certain bynner high in rank and we were out on a mission to kill gith by the thousands.

I rack up the number 8 kill when someone moons me and stuns me. I died after four gith were gang banging me, it took them awhile, with my skillz, but they finally got me, since I wasn't fighting back. I was the only fucker to die that day.
The irony in it was that an npc was animated and it told me a story. That story happened to come true -on- me.

I think I remember one of my characters hearing about this and chuckling at the irony.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: "Ghost"

Best death 3V4R!

Dude... Good times.  I will hopefully post about it in logs or stories for original submissions.

That would be sweet, I actually don't have a log. I could probably write something up.

www.j03m.com

Omg, I was a rinthi this one time and I was caught disrespecting a templar so they used me as a test dummy for how much spice a human could take before he went insane. Well, I took <several> and became nearly superhuman, feeling no pain and extremely sensitive to my surroundings. The templar then, after I survived, took me to the arena and had me fight, i beat everything then when he was gonna let me go i opened my big mouth and he threw me back into the arena, but this time it was much more interesting. he entered the arena himself and made a big public speech saying how he was gonna slay me, but in the end he was nearly dead, sadly I died. BUT that was my best death ever.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.