Your most dissatisfying deaths

Started by Tired and a little sad, August 25, 2006, 11:43:46 PM

You were there. I think I did later on after I was pretty spent, emotionally.

Not in the log I have.  The only ooc I see are the asking of consent parts and someone (me) dropping off for a minute because of a phone call
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Ghost on July 19, 2008, 12:46:56 PM
Not in the log I have.  The only ooc I see are the asking of consent parts and someone (me) dropping off for a minute because of a phone call

Phone call was more important than me? I hate you.

Yes, yes it was
some of my posts are serious stuff

I thought we had something special.  :'(

Trying to navigate my favoritest character evar through a sandstorm and winding up in the Silt Sea.  :'(

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 19, 2008, 01:37:35 PM
Trying to navigate my favoritest character evar through a sandstorm

Not favoured enough!
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Mine was too recent to recount.

I can sympathize with the challenges that face the noobles. I just wish I hadn't been noobled.

Best pc Desc I've ever done, or ever will do. I wonder if I can reuse it some how. It's was barely used. I died in just a few hour after meeting only a very few people.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

All of my most dissatisfying deaths happen when Desertman allows his wife to play while she's in a crappy mood :(
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I had a 'rinthi half-giant assassin with red skin. The documents state that they have skin colors which "sometimes go into the reds", so I figured that was a decent bet for skin tone. Wrong. Everyone knows red-skinned half-giants are krathis!

Being spam backstabbed by someone I couldn't see was bad enough. Getting resurrected due to being like two hours old, thinking to myself "What the fuck am I going to do now?"... and then getting spam backstabbed to death again by the same fucking dude.. that sucked.

Quote from: Khorm on July 19, 2008, 05:36:07 PM
I had a 'rinthi half-giant assassin with red skin. The documents state that they have skin colors which "sometimes go into the reds", so I figured that was a decent bet for skin tone. Wrong. Everyone knows red-skinned half-giants are krathis!

Being spam backstabbed by someone I couldn't see was bad enough. Getting resurrected due to being like two hours old, thinking to myself "What the fuck am I going to do now?"... and then getting spam backstabbed to death again by the same fucking dude.. that sucked.

Stop being rich in the 'rinth ?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

"I'm a dwarf, cilops cant poison me"
May God have mercy on my foes, because I wont.

Quote"I'm a dwarf, cilops cant poison me"
Hahahaha. Two out of the three dwarves I've played died from poison.
The third was stored.
Dwarven poison resistance for the lose.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

So, reading this, made me realize that Arm players have never given me a player-inflicted dissatisfying death.  I've had players go the torture over execution route, as well as those who have killed characters, but did it in a damn cool way so as to give an ending to the storyline.  All this, even though it'd be easy to do a quick kill, and even though I've set myself up for it, now and again.

Anyway, thanks.  :)  (Yes, this is a mass kudos.  Yes, I am that lazy.)  Reading this made me realize just what a classy Arm experience I've had.  Er, let alone what a lucky one.
Quote from: saquartey
Rairen, what would we do without you?

Some of your dissatisfying deaths sound very satisfying.

1st Disappointment: Week old character smashed by 3 Bahamuts
2nd Disappointment: Month of play goes down the drain when I am trapped for about 4 hours and slain (don't even know what killed me)
3rd: ???
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit on July 19, 2008, 06:47:30 PM
Quote"I'm a dwarf, cilops cant poison me"
Hahahaha. Two out of the three dwarves I've played died from poison.
The third was stored.
Dwarven poison resistance for the lose.

Did that not ever get "fixed" or did they just decide to nerf it to nearly nothing?  I remember having a dwarf that was immune to poison many years ago, but the few dwarves that I played for any length of time since then didn't seem to have anything as far as resistance or endurance.  What little bonus they seemed to have toward endurance only seemed to give you a little extra health.