Your most dissatisfying deaths

Started by Tired and a little sad, August 25, 2006, 11:43:46 PM

Mine:

So I got a new character concept.  Was a mage concept that I was interested in playing, a type I'd never touched before.  I got the karma for it and submited a concept.  Waited..waited..Now..usualy it's what? A day or so for your app. to be cleared or rejected.  3 days after I submited(longest I've had to wait) I logged back into my game account to check something and, low and behold, my character is there. O.o.  Never having recived an email saying that he was apporved, I had no idea how to use his spells, but that's okay, I can still run him and just wait.  I thought perhapse that my email account was bouncing any mails from the MUD, so I sent in another message giving an alternate address and then log back in to have some fun....

Giving the character's background, he goes out to do his stuff and make a living...the 2 hour mark passes and the first thing that comes along kills him...>.<

Now I've got to figure something else out to send in...something non-mage,  I'm thinking...

So that's mine, what's yours?

It's a conspiracy!

I had a character approved within the last week and got no e-mail from MUD either. Though I'm not bouncing because I verified that (got them to send me another e-mail to make sure).

My worst death was a 20-day warrior being spam-bashed by a carru until he had no stun left. Heh. Bashed me three times before the 'kill carru' lag wore off. Lesson? Don't fucking attack carru! I haven't since then. Yay.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Mine was a 40-day something or another warrior. In a battle a lightning magicker fried him in 1.5 seconds with spam spells.

Quote from: "Vessol"Mine was a 40-day something or another warrior. In a battle a lightning magicker fried him in 1.5 seconds with spam spells.

I would call that... a very clever magicker.  :twisted:

j/k

I don't think I like where this thread is heading...  :(

Let's not gripe about how some other lame player killed our awesome character in a lame way.  Nothing good will come of it.

P.S. To the OP, I sympathize with your loss.  I think the only thing that could be more tragic than the loss of a long-lived character is the loss of a few-hour old one who's creation you put so much thought and effort into.

Yes. I completely agree. New pc's you just feel like "Hey, I wan't done here!"
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

My space bar got stuck and I couldn't sheathe my weapon when trying to get away from some nasties.

Also finding a character dead after a power outage and not know what happened.Was in a fairly public area too.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Big time lagout from the game, stranded in the Silt Sea.

You are famished.

You think:  Ugh.
eel the wetness of her tongue that slides across my skin
the viruses crawl over me and feel for some way in

acid bath

Yeah, my last death in fact was a computer crash and then had to leave...I thought I'd gotten myself somewhere safe, but apparently I was wrong.  If I could access my email right now (sigh) I'd send an email asking how I died...not that it'll make any difference.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I have to say NPCs.  Dying to NPCs is the most unsatisifying way to die, and really makes you consider why you even play the game in the first place.

I've had ALL but 2 characters that I loved die to NPCs.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

One of my deaths was a favored desert elf that I put some thought into. This was back when you might run into three halflings along the North Road and it would be the norm. Well, a spear flew in from the north and the code said it "hit the ground" and I didn't take any damage to hp, stun, or anything like that. I did, however, receive the message that I was poisoned. So said D-elf ran back home and died just as he got there.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Logging in sleepy, just because I thought that character in my position should be playing regulary.
Doing something that I thought was IC for my character to do.
Ending up in torture chamber with Templar going OOC during torture to correct the way I emote.
Bribing and offering more just to be killed anyways.
Anonymous note to my account stating that I play too stupid and uncharacteristic for my ex-favorite clan to end the story.

...great character, had alot of things going for him RP wise. And I had to assist a half-giant fighting a bahamet and take it's aggro. :(
And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."

First character, 15+ days played and rocking, killed due to trying to steal and not knowing how the crime code and nosave worked.
b]YB <3[/b]

My favorite character ever, who had a long and colorful life, as well as a ton of interesting stuff ahead of her...

Someone wanted to spar in an apartment. The character was something of a push over, so she complied. Animated NPC apartment guard rolls up to bitch us out, then leaves.
A few rl days later, I log in and am tottling out of the apartment. Guess who is crimcoded? (hint: it's me) The very same NPC that bitched us out uber kills my poor, currently unarmed warrior with a pair of club hits to the head.

I was blindingly mad at the game at this point. I, as mansa said, questioned why I played. I looked into other RPI muds. I created a twink hunter to blow off steam. I still think the death was bullshit, but now that I'm no longer angry, I understand why the res policy is as strict as it is.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Every single raider pc I ever made who ended up dying long before I was done with them, and before ever getting to raid anyone, ever. EVER!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

dying to a keg full of cleaning solution.

back then, the infamous kegs didn't have the sdesc "is here giving
off noxious fumes"

and they were filled with a brown liquid, looking pretty close to ale.

*bangs head against keyboard

passing out at the keyboard and letting a seasoned magicker wither away
from dehydration as his comrades kept emoting pouring water down
his throat.

Lost a 50 day bard in a ridiculous, self-inflicted scene.

Never, ever, log on piss-drunk, depressed and bipolar.

This wasn't mine, but I was in the vicinity when some jerk went into a room in a tavern and killed a linkdead PC, then ran.  As I recall, owner of said PC was pretty upset.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"This wasn't mine, but I was in the vicinity when some jerk went into a room in a tavern and killed a linkdead PC, then ran.  As I recall, owner of said PC was pretty upset.

Hmmm yeah. I recall something similar happened to a friend of a cousin's aunt's grandmother's pet dog's hump toy's PC.

Twink killage is always a blasphemy in the realm of Armageddon RP.
Quote from: Majikal on August 20, 2009, 05:53:09 PM

Running after Carru, catching them, then eating them while they are still breathing is a Red Fang's version of 'fast food'.

Quote from: "Cuusardo"This wasn't mine, but I was in the vicinity when some jerk went into a room in a tavern and killed a linkdead PC, then ran.  As I recall, owner of said PC was pretty upset.

Thus soldiers in bars being good.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

First character - 3 RL month warrior, didn't realize maces took off stun - dead.

Second character- several days behind the keyboard ranger, got attacked by a scrab with no weapons out, game went down, but stayed up and the scrab killed me while I couldn't get onto the server.

9ish day ranger, almost made it to Sarge in a clan - didn't realize a steeply slanted slope meant - this is the edge of the cliff that will require decent climb.

Picking up a pack by the gates, not realizing that pack was full of spice and walking one square over before checking the pack's contents where I was promptly spam killed by the gate guards.

Over 20 days played on a ranger- ended up paralyzed, some noble came along and I had to watch for an RL hour how they decided whether to kill the character or not being able to do nothing but thinks. THAT pissed me off bad, since it looked like some shitty noble killing another player just because she decided she felt like it at that point, totally random and useless and thoughtless.

Then there was a newbie that I brought intot he game that got twink-killed before he even left the quit room for the first time - he told me months alter so I couldn't even mail the imms or let him log on again (with the newbie resurecction) because he didn't remember any details.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Branched d-elf warrior with all kinds of cool plots going on paralyzed and killed by a sorc out of the blue.
Amor Fati