Zalanthan insults

Started by Vanth, July 25, 2006, 12:35:33 PM

Bring accused of being a half-breed...big big insult, esspecially to a human who might lose alot of job opportunities because of it

Or having sexual relations or feelings for elves...huge as well.Its a major (if not one of the few) Taboo in Zalanthian society. This can cost people alot aswell, my PC might not want to do business or employee a human who I had heard and elf for a mate....thats sick. :wink:

Your social status or rank being questioned, very insulting to say the least. For example, calling a noble a commoner or a commoner a slave...the moment that happens its not so much that someone should die, someone NEEDS to die. Some slaves (some not all) work hard all day, sleep, get fed and go back to working...no spice, no whores, no ale...its probably not something most commoner esspecially wandering independants or house employees would want.

Now i may be wrong but i do believe cleaning up the public latrines is a job the city-states get slaves to do. Therefore calling someone a shit-pusher  might be the equivilant of calling someone a slave and may put your PC in a world of hurt depending on who your calling that.

Lastly i know in Tuluk telling someone 'they are acting like nakkies 'is also an insulting...probably the reverse is true in 'Nak

Part of your living in the Byn is mucking out latrines.  People who call the Byn "shitcloaks" are generally people who do not have to muck out any latrines.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Dresan"
Or having sexual relations or feelings for elves...huge as well.Its a major (if not one of the few) Taboo in Zalanthian society. This can cost people alot aswell, my PC might not want to do business or employee a human who I had heard and elf for a mate....thats sick. :wink:

This is true, but I would expand it to anyone being attracted to any of the other races/species.  Being attracted to elves, dwarves, muls, etc is perverse.  Being attracted to half-giants is both perverse and dangerous.   :wink:   A dwarf attracted to the hairy races is a pervert.  A half-giant attracted to the tiny races is a pervert.  A halfling attracted to the too-tall races is pervert.  Nobles may be able to get away with being perverts, but it could be a problem for others.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Personally, I'd say a noble would be worse off. If Lady Skankpot Borsail is sleeping with an elf, she'd better keep it a damn good secret. A commoner is just going to be made fun of or be punished for being disgraceful, if they're a House employee. It could be political suicide for a noble.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Being attracted to half-giants is both perverse and dangerous.   :wink:

Derail: I remember one of my past characters accused someone else for sleeping with a half-giant. Funnily, few irl months later I found out this insult became a known "fact" and something what got back to me multiple times titled as "the last news".

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with "shitcloaks". No matter where and how it started.

Quote from: "bloodfromstone"Personally, I'd say a noble would be worse off. If Lady Skankpot Borsail is sleeping with an elf,

Would it be any better if it were a dwarf?  I don't think so.   It may be more acceptable to have a dwarf working for you, but you don't want to be known as a stumpy-fucker.  

I guess I was thinking of slaves, because slaves aren't necessarily considered people.  A noble that is secretly attracted to non-humans could probably get away with using non-human pleasure slaves.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Which braxat did your mother have to rape for a kid?

So you're what happens when a 'breed and a mul fall in love...

Tell me, how hard do the kanks struggle the first fifty or so times?

Run back to the half-elf Drovian who owns you.

I wonder, did your face look like that before the silt horror/mekillot/sand worm spit you back out?
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Mumbling to himself as he points vaguely towards the sinewy, black-haired woman with a crooked finger, you say, in sirihish:
    "One.."

His finger swiveling over to the runic, silver-haired lad, as does his sunken, tattooed gaze, you say, in sirihish:
    "Two.."

The slim, auburn-haired man turns and looks over his shoulder at you.

With the slim, auburn-haired man as the next target of his scrutiny, you say, in sirihish:
    "Three..."

The tall, pierced woman looks up at you.

To you, the pony-tailed baobab-eyed man asks, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "What in fucking krath yeh counting?"

Chuckling under her braeth as she flashes the tall, amber-eyed woman a slight grin, the scant, henna-haired woman says, in sirihish:
    "Ehh.. countin' tha' gemmahs."

At a boxy wooden bar, the tall, pierced woman speaks, slowly turning to peer at you.

The slingshot-inked man scrunches up his lips into a thoughtful purse as he stares down at three inked fingers.

The pony-tailed baobab-eyed man looks down at the runic, silver-haired lad.

You think:
    "T'ree gems in da Barrel..."

Shaking his head, the pony-tailed baobab-eyed man says, in southern-accented sirihish:
    "Ah whatever."

The pony-tailed baobab-eyed man turns back to the bar.

Peering down at the three splayed fingers as he begins to tap his foot on the ground, you say, in sirihish:
    "T'ree gemmahs...if me math be good, 'dat means..."

The tall, pierced woman turns to watch you attentively.

The pony-tailed baobab-eyed man turns to you.

Holding his three-fingers out to one side as he taps his chin with the tip of his forefinger from his other hand, you say, in sirihish:
    "...t'ree gith bi'ch mummas...an' t'ree nor'hern cocks dat made 'em preggers..."

How about corny jokes?

Krath! It seems that your nose isn't the onlything that smells!

Your so scary-looking that Suk-Krath needs to hide from your ugly glare two hours a day.

Your face hit every rock on the way down from the ugly cliff, didn't it?

You're dumber than an elf sneaking up on the templarate to give a surprise back massage.
IMMSAESL (Sorry I Made My Sig An Entire Sentence Long)

Krath, you should really get a facewrap.

Did you forget to pull your leggings down, or do you always smell like shit?

Get a codpiece that isn't too large for you to wear.

:roll:
he tall, short elf utters an incantation.
You feel an uncomfortable tingling sensation.
>eq
<worn on waist> a bloodied loincloth

Militia Man 1 cracks, "How do ya wink at an elf?"
Militia Man 2 replies, Wink at an elf!? Eh, no.  How?

Militia Man 1 responds,
*closing one eye and mock holding a crossbow up* "Down the sights of your crossbow."
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean