Armageddon related art pic

Started by Matrim, July 14, 2006, 01:33:41 PM

Quote from: "creeper386"As far as the race chart goes, terrific artwork. Love it.  

Thank you.  

Quote from: "creeper386"Second is abit Arm abit proportions. The legs just really are two short for the rest of the body. For an elf also, I think she has too much meat. Besides the short legs, her proportions are quite human.

Perhaps the proportions are a bit too human, but I'm going to disagree with you about the legs being too short for the body.  I used a reference so I'm fairly confident about the leg length.  

Quote from: "creeper386"Sorry, fourth, three feet is the common low height for halflings ... Compared to that human female the halfling seems barely that amount. Doesn't even reach the waist ...

While working on this, I set up a chart in the background that had been marked in increments of 12 inches, and all of the characters I made fell into the proper height ranges.

Quote from: "creeper386"As far as the race chart goes, terrific artwork. Love it.
Like creeper, I think it's great.  The only thing that jars me is the dwarf's right hand - may be a quirk of shadow, but the thumb seems to be on the wrong side.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I like it! Except, the halfling is a bit too small in my opinion. They're child-sized, not fairy-sized.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Love it, really. I don't think the gith is off at all - they're humanoid after all and the "they're evil and nasty so they have to suck and look like your worst nightmare" always sucked.
Love the handsome half-giant - he's definitely the one I like best on that picture. And the scars that everyone has - and that gith tattoo.... *drools*

I have to agree with creeper about height and proportions though - the halfling seems way too small (even if I think he looks just right for anythign except size) - maybe you choose heights in the upper limit for most races and made the halfling at the lower limit? Even if the human is six feet tall, the halfling isn't even half her size and would still be under three feet - I'd go for average heights for all races.

About leg length - it didn't stick out to me at all, not now that someone said it, I noticed something, too - compare the half-elf and the elf. The elf is way taller than the half-elf, is standing on his toes and still her waist and backside are at the same height as the half-elves, if not a bit lower.

The dwarf doesn't seem that skinny to me, but the right arm seems off compared to the left one.

Still, this seems absolutely awesome - can we have this on the website? Preferrably very close to the homepage?
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

It is on the website, under Original Submissions, which is right off the top page.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Heh. Guys, if you think the race chart is insufficient in some way, submit your own version =)

There can be more than one.

I'm just thrilled that someone took the time and effort to create it, and then had the charity to send it to us. I sure can't draw it better.

And I figured the mantis was trying to reach the elf ;)
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

Bah, no mantis would give an elf reach around.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

What reach around? He's trying to EAT HIS BRAINZ!

lol
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

"S
     T
     F
     U"

Wow. What a great picture.

Little things like (in my mind) the elf being too curvy and the dwarf not being quite wide enough pale in comparison to the obvious talent here.

I especially like the various weapons.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

I love it and have it bookmarked. :)

Boy I could have used this when I was playing a HG and had such trouble picturing in my mind's eye just where that dwarf or halfling's head was in relation to my hand.

So not only is it great artwork but useful too. Thanks for putting your talents to work on this Biscuit.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Quote from: "Lazloth"
Like creeper, I think it's great.  The only thing that jars me is the dwarf's right hand - may be a quirk of shadow, but the thumb seems to be on the wrong side.

Hehe, I just noticed..  I had originally drawn the hand with the palm facing out toward the viewer, and then changed it and forgot to change the thumb positioning.  

Oh well, I'm sure there are freakier deformities out there.  <g>

Biscuits:

I think you'll enjoy this log:

<Armaddict> Ah.
<Ethean> Thanks to the Race Chart, I now predict a huge raise in HG mudsex.
<Armaddict> race chart?
<Armaddict> And HG's are unable to have sex. Unless it's gay. There are so few female hg's.
<Ethean> The neat drawing.
<Armaddict> And besides...the mudsex is just role-playing bumbling around, a few thrusts, and then confusion.
<mansa> http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=158
<Ethean> Now I understand why my 90 days warriors can never hit a halfling.
<Armaddict> Wow!
<Armaddict> Human women should be giving HG's head all the time!
<Cegar> whoa
<Cegar> that fucking kicks ass
<Cegar> that kicks so much ass
<Cegar> Oh man
<Cegar> I think I have to change my pants
<Ethean> The halfling nibbling on the hg's ankle is awesome
<Cegar> Whoa
<Cegar> that's awesome
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Yeah, I actually think the porportions are spot on. The elf's legs only look shorter because they're bent. The half-elf is spot on. The gith looks like what I always pictured gith to be. Awesome stuff.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

I'll admit, I always wanted the gith to be more bestial in appearance, but from what you get in "help gith," I can't say that what's in the race chart is far off.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: "Delirium"I think the elf is a wee bit too shapely of limb and curvy of bust - I pictured them being a lot leaner and slimmer.  Fantastic job all the same. :)

She might be considered a little on the plump side among elves, but not freakishly so.  An elven merchant rather than an elven scout.  

I think it's great.  All of the figures seem to fall within the normal ranges of their races, even if they aren't necessarily the most typical examples of those races.  Humans can have quite a bit of variety in terms of shape, size and colouring, presumably the other races can too.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

LOVE THE CLOTHES!!! Sandcloth!

And the gith and halfling, especially.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

From other Darksun work I've seen this looks pretty awesome.

I'd have to admit though,

-Dwarves nearly as thick as tall

-Mul's much beefier, like steriod freaks

-Giants are bigger, thicker etc.

- Larger hight/size difference between elves and humans. That elf looks nearly as beefy, and they are slender, slender slender.

Truly though, massively awesome looking art it is. That gith is freaking awesome, and like stated earlier, mantis have four arms.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

The mul's face kinda reminds me of Patrick Stewart.

Orgasmic. I require new pants. Sancloth pants.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Hmm, had a thought today--

Doesn't Arm have a cafepress shop? And wouldn't it be sweet to have all these and advertisements on shirts/hoodies?

I'd buy one.

It could be arranged. I'm not sure about the quality of print from the cafepress T-shirts, though.

But if the artists give permission for it, I can talk to the staff and see what we can do to get it out there.

"S
     T
     F
     U"

Quote from: "Djarjak"It could be arranged. I'm not sure about the quality of print from the cafepress T-shirts, though.

But if the artists give permission for it, I can talk to the staff and see what we can do to get it out there.

Well, I give my permission for it.  (I would buy a shirt with my stuff on it.  Hehe.  )