Armageddon related art pic

Started by Matrim, July 14, 2006, 01:33:41 PM

Beautiful artwork!  :)

The only reason I'd be against this appearing on the frontpage is that it also took several minutes to load.  I greatly appreciate Armageddon's modem-friendly website, and would hope that this will never change.  (Pretty does not always mean good)

Quote from: "Matrim"Wow, we didn't think the response would be -this- good!  I've broken down the highres image into sections so you can see some of the finer details better.  I personally always thought the Tuluki neck tattoos looked really dumb until I saw this picture. Yume has also given me a copy of the original concept sketch for anybody interested in viewing that.  It can all be seen on my website:

http://www.ambushpaintball.com/armageddon/musings.htm

This Arm resource page you put together is sweet. I'd like to see a link to it from our resource page, if there isn't one already.

As for the art: Well done Yume. That's great. The characters are too pretty for my perfect vision of Zalanthas, but that's just me.

For using it on the homepage: If you turned the JPG compression up and made the picture smaller, the file size would come down. Personally, I like the modem-friendly homepage of our site, but am in favor of graphical resources within. A great example is the mineral page.

That's my 2 sids.
Amor Fati

Quote from: "Northlander"It's fabulous, yes. Particularly Eunoli, Aeneas, and the sky. Girl in the middle seems too defenseless and the fighters too polished and manga to be Armageddon for me (different in the concept sketch) although that might well be spot-on for the characters. So it's all well-drawn but I wouldn't want it on the first page.

Thanks for the submission!

The girl in the middle is a pleasure slave NPC ;)
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Quote from: "Vanth"
Quote from: "Northlander"It's fabulous, yes. Particularly Eunoli, Aeneas, and the sky. Girl in the middle seems too defenseless and the fighters too polished and manga to be Armageddon for me (different in the concept sketch) although that might well be spot-on for the characters. So it's all well-drawn but I wouldn't want it on the first page.

Heh. I don't know if it's your intent to take a jab at my comment or not, but to anybody who doesn't know her she's one of two terribly cute girls flanked by strong hardy men. I certainly don't want this thread to shift from laud to argument so again, it's great to see it.

Seems a bit flashy and clean, I expect even Tuluk to be a bit more
grungy.

Great artwork, though.

- Ktavialt

QuoteHeh. I don't know if it's your intent to take a jab at my comment or not, but to anybody who doesn't know her she's one of two terribly cute girls flanked by strong hardy men. I certainly don't want this thread to shift from laud to argument so again, it's great to see it.

On reason I really liked this illustration was because to me it looks like the woman templar in the back is in some way watching over and protecting all those 'strong hardy men'.  To me she doesn't look like a cute, helpless girl.  She looks like a intelligent and confident woman.  If anything, it made me feel that the character was seen as strong and did not require protection.

Quote from: "Northlander"
Quote from: "Vanth"

Heh. I don't know if it's your intent to take a jab at my comment or not, but to anybody who doesn't know her she's one of two terribly cute girls flanked by strong hardy men. I certainly don't want this thread to shift from laud to argument so again, it's great to see it.

lol it's not a jab at your comment it really is a pleasure slave NPC  :lol:   to me the girl at the back looks like the strongest person in the pic though not defenseless at all.  I think her expression conveys both strength and wisdom.
anth: *tries to balance an evil laugh with a cheerful, open demeanor*

A sand-stuffed practice dummy looks down at you.

Come see Matrim's Armageddon website at:
http://ambushpaintball.com/armageddon

The picture, in the JPG format, at 60% quality, which still looks exactly the same as the original, only takes 5 seconds with a 56k modem to download, so.. ;)

QuoteThe only reason I'd be against this appearing on the frontpage is that it also took several minutes to load. I greatly appreciate Armageddon's modem-friendly website, and would hope that this will never change. (Pretty does not always mean good)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

GAWD DANG!!!!

Keep them up.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "Only He Stands There"Second of the magicker series, Krathi Vengeance.

Excellent. If you produce a full set of these, I will do my best to see them linked to the helpfiles.  Non-mages of various types would also be welcome.

And for those worried about bandwidth friendliness, don't worry. I am sure this is a consideration.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

Quote from: "Djarjak"
Quote from: "Only He Stands There"Second of the magicker series, Krathi Vengeance.

Excellent. If you produce a full set of these, I will do my best to see them linked to the helpfiles.  Non-mages of various types would also be welcome.

And for those worried about bandwidth friendliness, don't worry. I am sure this is a consideration.
I'm an artist too and am thinking of doing some artwork as well.  (Different races and things like that.)

As for file size, I'm on dial-up and small file sizes are great for me.

Small files are fine - but remember that lower resolution images just don't print very well. So, if it comes to publishing a magazine ad or other printed flyer for distribution (say, at Dragon*con, for example), those files probably won't be able to be used.

I'm more than happy to have more art of any kind, personally, though =)

I luuuurve arm art
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

Really like to see what a nilazian would be b protrayed as, think be quite intresting artist concept. Pictures so far are great.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Hot, hot shit.  I'm completely enthralled that someone made such a beautiful and polished piece of artwork for the game.

Eunoli's a babe... *falls out of chair in violent laughter*
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Seeing these makes Arm feel ten times cooler.

I don't know why, but I mentally picture everyone in the game as those stubby japanese sprites in games like Chrono Trigger or the early Final Fantasies.

The worst part is, I fucking hate JRPGs.

Quote from: "jcarter"Seeing these makes Arm feel ten times cooler.

I don't know why, but I mentally picture everyone in the game as those stubby japanese sprites in games like Chrono Trigger or the early Final Fantasies.

The worst part is, I fucking hate JRPGs.

Chrono Trigger was awesome, don't be a heretic or I'll cut off your head.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

And I'll cast flame toss on his sword right before he does it.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."

Wow. Life sucks for that Scorpion!

Good job!
Tlaloc
Legend

I want someone to do a picture of my PC. :(

Excellent picture though, Briar.

PS - Do one of me. :(
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"I want someone to do a picture of my PC. :(

Me too.. someone do me please.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"Me too.. someone do me please.

that's what he said last night
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Okay, so I did this picture of a Vivaudian.  It's my first photoshop so it's not that fantastic or whatever.  Can anyone host it for me?