Armageddon related art pic

Started by Matrim, July 14, 2006, 01:33:41 PM

I was going to post some art work but I just got blown out of the water.

Awesome job. Anime drawing or not it's pretty sweet. :D
And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."

I play the blonde woman in the back in this illustration (pictured here at a much younger point in her life) and someone forwarded it to me yesterday.  I was shocked just to read that someone had drawn my character, but when I opened it up and looked I was stunned.

So many things about this picture are right on target as far as the various characters shown that I think it might be easy for even someone who doesn't play Armageddon to guess what their roles in the story are. And as someone who knows/knew all the characters shown, I think they are all right on target.  

Thank you so much.  Seeing a character that I was hoping to play vividly shown this way just blows me away.

*blink blink*  Wow, I always assumed Eunoli was an NPC.  (Don't worry, it says in the picture description who is there.)
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Wow purity your character is..to say well roleplayed would only seem to insult how alive that character has seemed to me sometimes...you've done an amazing job and i am not suprised it was drawn.

That said, the picture is beautiful...i truely envy artistic talent since i have absolutely none. :cry:

I love it, but... are all elves that emo looking?

Considering it's a half-elf... "emo-looking" is laughably appropriate.

the picture gives me a renewed love for this game! very exciting stuff, yume.  :D
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

I was thinking of having a few more done in the same vein as this picture. I'm open for suggestions... right now I'm debating between one of each type of magicker, a few locations (Bard's Barrel, the Sanctuary, Allanak from the outside, Allanak streets, etc), or some well-known PCs and NPCs.

I need to send some character descs to you artists.  These rock.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I am so, so happy to see Armageddon finally getting some great artists in our community. There have been quite a few crop up recently that are very talented (not to say that the great MasterZ, creator of Baobob didn't have talent).

Anyway, please keep it up you all. It's very impressive to new players as well if they see that level of art attached to the game.
ack to retirement for the school year.

That's the kind of picture that new players should see when they hit www.armageddon.org

Put it on the main page, I say :)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Awesome. That is all I can say.  I knew who the blonde woman was right away.

And as for the pic which Only He Stands There linked... *fans at her face* Whoa!  And I thought David Bowie in spandex in Labyrinth was yummy. Suddenly, I have an urge to make a gemmed character so I can find him!
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Quote from: "Malken"That's the kind of picture that new players should see when they hit www.armageddon.org

Put it on the main page, I say :)

I'm in total agreement with that.  I agree with other players who are drooling to have their own PC's drawn.  That picture, in fact, was what inspired Djarjak to start the submissions thread looking for artwork.  Like Lauramars, I think the tabards are cool.  Even though I created the red/white tabard object long ago, I envisioned it .. less inspiring looking.

Whoever you are, person who did this, please please oh please do more.  Anything.  Do a kank, and it'll be great.  Heh.

Also, you who drew the rukkian - very well done, I like that too.  Please do more!

Now imagine this...  the documentation webpages having pictures, like these, next to blurbs about various things.  Someplace where Tuluk is mentioned, show the picture with those Tulukis.  Stuff like that.  It would make our documentation and website look so much cooler and would help people better envision some of these things (which let's admit, can be hard to imagine sometimes).

When I first saw amoeba's tembo picture I thought it was kookie, then I re-read a tembo description and said "woah, that's accurate".
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Erm...would it still be cool if the pictures were done in just pencil...or are we looking for mainly full blown colored pictures like this one...?
And when they say that I am dead and gone, it won't be further from the truth..."

Wow, we didn't think the response would be -this- good!  I've broken down the highres image into sections so you can see some of the finer details better.  I personally always thought the Tuluki neck tattoos looked really dumb until I saw this picture. Yume has also given me a copy of the original concept sketch for anybody interested in viewing that.  It can all be seen on my website:

http://www.ambushpaintball.com/armageddon/musings.htm

As for using the images on the Armageddon website, I am also totally for that idea.  I know the image makes me want to play, which some others have also said, so having a little visual splash might be what a text based game needs to help draw in some new players.  I also hope Yume will find the time to do more images based on the game, i'm sure all this positive feedback will help entice her to do so :)
atthew Fung
www.ambushpaintball.com/armageddon
www.homepage.mac.com/matthewfung
matthew@ambushpaintball.com

The recent artwork (and the old stuff too) has really been absolutely amazing.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

I've considered sending in some of my stuff that I actually work on - I can't do coloring on the computer though.  I'm decent at photo manipulation it's coloring in layers that confounds me.

As for this picture it's awesome.  PUT IT ON THE MAIN PAGE.

Awesome artwork guys.

Everytime I see a falcon on someone's arm like that, I can't help but think about The Royal Tenenbaums.

"Go Mordecai!"

i dont know about you fellas...but eunoli looks smoking HOT. those prim eyebrows, long lashes, curved chin, and silver makeup! plus, i dig blondes.  :D
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

To answer a few questions:

Are pencil sketches OK?
Pencil sketches don't scan in very well. However, if you can get them to scan in well, yes. These are acceptable. For "outline" drawings, consider doing a trace-over with pen before scanning. Pencil drawings may need to be touched up digitally before being posted/used. If you give me permission, I will do so.

I don't color well and/or know photoshop
Outline drawings are perfectly fine by me. I vote submitting outlines done in simple black ink (no textures) if possible. If it would look better colored, some of us have skills in photoshop and would gladly ply our hands at it if you give us permission to do so.

What else do I need to do when scanning them in?
First and foremost:
Scan two versions, or be prepared to.  Use the Original Submissions tool to send us a low dpi (75 is default) version of the file under the 1 meg file limit. If we decide this is one that we can use for promotional materials, we may ask you to forward a 300 dpi version to us, either via mail or as Matrim has done. Nothing hurts more than to have the most beautiful thing in the world, and not have it in print-quality for magazine ads, etc.

Secondly:
Please be sure that you include an e-mail contact with your submission that works. For those that are selected for specific uses, we will need to e-mail you to confirm your permission to use the artwork.

Thirdly:
SIGN YOUR WORK =) You can also let us know a digital signature you would like so that we can make sure you're given credit when some of these are integrated into the website. Either way, we want to make certain you are given the credit you very richly deserve.

P.S. I adore the Rukkian, and I would love to see more things similar. Please check the Submissions thread I posted for Our wants and desires if you are interested in ideas: http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=220513#220513[/b]
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"

I am in awe of this bit of artwork. I love it, and I am full agreement of it being placed front and center on our webpage.

I would suggest that anyone who can do something creative submit their work. It is not as important that is as good as anyone else's, as long as it is an accurate representation  of the world we like to inhabit.  

I often see Brom's artwork presented as representative to this world, but much as the artwork is great, I've never felt that it appropriately showed the world of Armageddon.  I would rather see interpretations from people that play and love -this- game, not just rehashed dark-sun art.

Kudo's to all the artists so far, to the rest of you, send in stuff, art, stories, poems, whatever. Me, I'm going to go back and look at the picture some more.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

Heh, I liked it so much it is now my wallpaper.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Yeah, truly great stuff guys, I love to see work like this.  It certainly inspires me in my own ways and the attention to detail keeps me staring at it.  :-)

Thanks for sharing!

- HK
- HK

Holy crap. That's incredible. :shock: I particularily like the clawed gloves.

Whoever you are, Yume, keep up the amazing work. I'd love to see you draw some other Zalanthan stuff as well as other well-known past or even present characters.

Wow.

It's fabulous, yes. Particularly Eunoli, Aeneas, and the sky. Girl in the middle seems too defenseless and the fighters too polished and manga to be Armageddon for me (different in the concept sketch) although that might well be spot-on for the characters. So it's all well-drawn but I wouldn't want it on the first page.

Thanks for the submission!