Beauty Pageant

Started by Malifaxis, February 17, 2003, 02:50:35 PM

Without getting too in-depth and IC, I would like to know what some of the most beautiful things are that people have seen on Armag.  Best scenery, best acting, best irony... most beautiful death... anything.

If describing a location that is out of the way, please don't give any directions, but just a basic summary of why it's so beautiful.

Every bloody time I log on something amazing happens...
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

My most beautiful moment to date:

"You feel the blood burning in your veins and suffer." So I'm slowly sinking towards the great mantis head, only it's slow enough that I can emote all kinds of things. My rp love is in turn desperate, fearful, and very emotional about my impending death. Especially when I sink into that minus hp coma.

Then, at -9 hp: You feel the poison leaving your body (or however it finally leaves or wears off. Can't remember the exact words. I suspect an imm did a very nice thing in ending the poison then.)

That PC healed and continued her life. Was a totally cool, amazing bunch of rp. Glad I stuck it out.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

My most beautifully tragic character deaths happened recently. My character was on a scenic perch outside a cave for a good few hours. It was elevated so it was alot of scenery and landscape involved reflection and stuff. And then I got around to the point where he decided he wasted his life and got struck in the back with an arrow from the cave. It was a quit safe room, so Im assuming they logged on there.

battle ensued, one of those fancy fights that wouldve looked really neat for someone watching below, and Ill leave most of that out for the other player's sake. But eventually I fled... off the edge and died on impact.

Shame I couldnt do a blood curdling scream as I felled, and gasped out some final words as I hit, but...  I moved on.

It was quite dramatic. :) and fun. Something that probably wouldve been more entertaining with an audience. and if the cave/perch were turned into the Bard's Barrel/Balcony in Allanak :)

Anyways... :wink:

Sunrise at Luir's Outpost.
f time conversions are giving you a head-ache, visit: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

Sunset from on top of the Ghaati

The Templar who gemmed by fat-ass. You know who you are. :) It was just how I imagined it would be and more. I always wanted to see how someone scared to be a magicker would handle the gemmind, and how the Templar would. And now I know :)

The dwarf looks north snickering, where he sees a beetle fighting with three insectoids. The insectoids are unfamiliar. Frowning, he moves a little nearer and grins as one of the red ones fall, then the other. Then the beetle dies. "Easy work..." he thinks. "If a beetle may crush two, I may crush the last and have some rare red carapace easily. He stretches his muscles, raises his halbert above his head and charges into the last. In moments, the red insect finds an opening in his plate. "Not a problem, a scratch only" the dwarf thinks, sweat pouring down from his cheeks. Sweat? "Oh damn I'm chilling and sweating at the same time!". One more bite! And the dwarf sees black dots dulling his vision. He steps backwards, kicking the insect back, turns and flees. Feeling his power drawn, he gets back to the Gaj. He blanks out, wildly shaking his head to sides in between all those beggars and scavengers. Then suddenly he sees his father yelling at him, his face red with anger "Warrior? You thought you could become a warrior? I told you you would die, I told you you would die, I told you you would die, I TOLD YOU YOU WOULD DIE!!!"... Then void... The void in which there was no pain, no hunger... and no life....
Suddenly the dwarf wakes in tears, still half in dream. He feels nothing where his halberd should be. "Ok..." he thinks. "At least I'm alive..." And he stands, mumbling to himself,  heading to the shops with little but fast paces. "Life's going on...". After buying some weapons with his last money, he goes back to the gates. Staring at the Highlord statue, he groans "O'great Highlord. Next time please don't forget to save my weapons. I'm grateful that you helped me overcome the sickness, but I can't always have spare money."
The dwarf turns back, walking west, watching around for his next prey.

(Thanks to the robber who did not plainly get my halberd, but carefully emoted his actions. It was decent RP.)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

A while back a character of mine stumbled upon an NPC boy who had been beaten to a pulp and left barely alive.  I dragged him to where there was some other PC's and various people tried to bandage him or help him in some other ways.

Finally we decided to take him somewhere quiet to die in peace.  I sat with him for a while thinking about the rotten jerk who must have done this to the poor kid.  Then a Templar appeared.  He healed the kid and brought him out of his daze.

He was wonderfully played by whoever animated him and gave me an inspirational speech to always server and honor the Sun King.

Very fun and quite beautiful
laloc Wrote
Trust, I think, is the most fundamental tool which allows us to play this game. Without trust, we may as well just be playing a Hack and Slash, and repopping in Midgaard after slaying a bunch of Smurfs.

Most tear-jerking comment at the moment of death:

As he brings the blade to your neck, the (blah blah blah) says, in (blah), "Fekkin shit fekkin happens."

BEEP

Thanks to you know who; it was the most memorable death so far!

This is a several characters ago, I had a half-giant who said "Uh oh!" a lot...  I managed to actually squeak it out in the following situation.  I was so pleased with that death  :)  :

A vicious tembo crouches down and looks for tracks.

The tiny and gaunt figure in a hooded, sandy-brown reinforced sandcloth duster lightly bludgeons your leg.
The tiny and gaunt figure in a hooded, sandy-brown reinforced sandcloth duster solidly slashes your leg.

You exclaim, in sirihish:
    "uh oh!"

> e
You're fighting for your life!

> flee
You are too exhausted.

The tiny and gaunt figure in a hooded, sandy-brown reinforced sandcloth duster parries a vicious tembo's attack.
The tiny and gaunt figure in a hooded, sandy-brown reinforced sandcloth duster bludgeons your head, wounding you.

You may:
    (C) Disconnect from character      (V) Toggle ANSI/VT100 mode
    (B) Toggle 'brief' menus           (D) Documentation menu
    (M) Mail menu                      (S) Stats of your character
    (E) Enter Zalanthas                (X) Exit Armageddon
    (?) Read menu options

Been a few years, but my most beautiful death was as the food for the young of a certain...beast.  Nothing like being unable to move as you're dragged through a...place towards their young.

QuoteBeen a few years, but my most beautiful death was as the food for the young of a certain...beast. Nothing like being unable to move as you're dragged through a...place towards their young.

Hehe.. yah, my last character died that way, actually. Was a pretty cool way to go out. Nice work to whoever wrote the script for that one.   :)
I hope life isn't just one big joke, because I don't get it.  -- Jack Handy

I have several, actually, accumulated in my years of play.

Watching Tuluk burn from the balcony of my estate was pretty fantastic. A hell of a lightshow went into that incident and it was a very worthwhile RPT ot be at.

The first time I ever actually touched metal in the game, it was a beautiful thing. Not some cheesy little ring or token, but a full-on piece of armor. pure steel and leather. The description was old and unimpressive, but the sheer magnitude of wearing such an item in such a world, it was breathtaking.

I once had a very lengthy conversation wherein I convinced a bard from a rival House to break his affiliations and side with mine. It took place in a perfect setting, was beautifully arranged...and the character-to-character dynamic within was staggering.  I think that scene took something like 4 or 5 hours to play out, but some of the dialogue and emotion invloved as he and I bantered back and forth was almost poetic.

There is, perhaps, no way to explain my most beautiful moment in Arm, however, without giving away too much (now ancient) IC info. But for those of you who were there and who remember...
"Well...if it isn't the King of the feckin desert!"
Don't forgive and never forget; Do unto others before they do unto you; and third and most importantly, keep your eye on your friends, because your enemies will take care of themselves.   -J.R. Ewing

Well, I must say that mine is not a death.

It has to do with what is probably the highest spot on Zalanthas... after climbing around twenty total rooms and standing in harshly cold winds with snow swirling about. You have to love immortal room echoes, that whole "adventure" was pretty rad. From the crys of some strange bird as its shadow arced through the stormy winds, to the smoke trailing off of my burnt and bloody hands as I grip onto a rope to stop my fall moments before impact after a lengthy drop.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.