Arrowheads

Started by Ixidor, February 15, 2003, 11:23:39 PM

Dont want to get too IC but I was wondering about making arrowheads,...... well here is my question.

An archer for instance has the correct skills to make arrowheads yet he cannot why is that, is it just his subclass or is there a bug somewhere...... just wondering if anyone can help me out about this one little thing without outright telling anything to IC.....

Thanks Signed Ixidor
Even the most chaotic battle follows the rules of war."
"Never underestimate your own power when those around you do also"
"No man undertakes leadership without the fear of facing a man in open combat"
Signed Ixidor

A while back now people were whining about how the fletchery code was "broken" and saying that it was just too damned hard and time consuming to make arrows. Now it is no longer necessary to craft a chunk of suitable material into an arrowhead before attaching it to a shaft and a feather. Just grab yourself a chunk of stone that would probably make a good arrowhead, make a shaft and attach the chunk of stone and a feather to either end of that shaft. Then you have yourself an arrow.

SKILL_FLETCHERY  (Skill)  

Fletchery encompasses several different skills: the art of making arrowshafts from appropriate wood; the art of chipping arrowheads from shards of stone; and the art of combining these with feathers to create an arrow. Merchants are usually trained in this trade, and may combine it with skills at dying to produce a wide variety of arrows. Other classes sufficiently skilled with archery may learn to produce their own arrows as well.

Syntax:

craft (item) reveals what you can fashion from it
craft (item) into (desired result) creates the item
craft (item) (item2) (item3) into (desired result) creates an item
from multiple items

Examples:

> craft branch into long arrowshaft
> craft shaft shard feather into black-fletched, obsidian-head arrow
See also:

crafting

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, but I'll explain why your question is so funny.

There USE to be arrow heads, and EVERYONE complained how it cost WAY too much to make arrows and took too long, and eventually the Imms decided to dumb it down a bit (I was dissapointed, but then i'd never tried to make an archer).

The funny side is, everyone complains about it. Then the second it's gone a newbie comes along and says "why isn't this in the game? IMO it should be" :P

John

[EDIT]: kankman beat me to it.

Thanks for that, the reason I believed you could make arrowheads is that I have seen them in shops before and wondered if they where PC made or NPC made thats all thanks.......

Signed Ixidor
Signed Ixidor

Just so that everone knows I am not a newbie I have been playing for about a year or so just havent played everything yet and dont remember some beacause I have had time off from playing at times so didnt catch changes made at that time...... anyways just to let ya know cools
Signed Ixidor

Oh okay, well there goes the funny side to this thread then. :P

I hope you have fun playing Arm again. ;)

Man, I wish I hadn't missed the debate that led to them changing fletchery. :P
Arrowheads were always the easy part. Easy to find the materials, easy to craft them into what you needed. The hard part was the finding the rest of the pieces.
And now, as I understand it, you don't need to make the arrowhead, but if you screw up, the arrowhead is the only part that you get to save? Gah! I'd much rather keep the shaft. Or both, like you do with some other weaponcrafting skills.

Oh well. Good thing I'm not a fletcher these days.

I personally had more trouble with arrowheads than I did with the shaft. Then again... I was in a pretty good location to get the other materials.

Quote from: "Ixidor"Thanks for that, the reason I believed you could make arrowheads is that I have seen them in shops before and wondered if they where PC made or NPC made thats all thanks.......

Yeah, they still turn up occasionally.  There were arrowheads sitting in item saving rooms and people's inventories the day they changed the requirements for crafting an arrow.  The arrowheads didn't dissapear, so they still turn up in shops, but as far as I know they aren't good for anything.  

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins