Charge Skill

Started by , February 14, 2003, 07:35:35 PM

I was thinking about Kanks, and erdlus, and big scary mount things, and all the people that I pass while on one...

I was thinking it would be neat if I could run them over!

Thats where charge comes in. With it, you can charge someone down from a room away:

Look west:
[Near]
A naked templar is sitting here.

>think Excellente! Viva la resistance! :twisted:
>charge templar east
Barrelling down the road on an anorexic kank you trample down a naked templar!
A kank's foot does horrendous damage to a naked templar's you know what.
>You contiue through the room west.
>look east
[Near:]
A naked templar is splattered across the floor here.

>think: excellente!  :twisted:

Anyways, thats all.  :o

Hmm... Could be nifty... But I don't know if I kank would be able to step on someone with all six legs in one pass... Maybe not even three legs on one side... Or however many legs they have...

And I think a animal bash that does lots and lots of damage might be alittle too powerful and not great, and most likely doing something like that wouldn't be greatly wise as it has a chance of injuring your mount(Even a bug) and if your riding a mount, you probably wouldn't want it to get injured and have to walk...

Thats just what I think though...

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Well it was of course an exaggeration, but I dont see why I cant trample someone with my giant beast.

OR BETTER YET A WAGON!

Ooo... the ideas.

Quote from: "Jenred">think Excellente! Viva la resistance! :twisted:

Ya dammmned right. (Oh, and the idea is good too as long as it isn't too overpowerful, heh)
|
|
|
|
V
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

I know at least one person who's brought up this idea before and I think might be doing stuff with this (the RP of charging). The idea itself, well, it's neat but I also think about all the factors that'd come into play. Like loose sand would be hard to charge on while rock or a road would be really easy to charge on. Then there's the point about who you're attacking. If there's a whole bunch of you charging into a whole bunch of other people, then I think it'd be a good tactic. If you're just one person charging a whole bunch of people, I think you should be at a big disadvantage and have a good chance of being thrown off your kank (if not from the kank spooking, then from the impact). If you're a whole bunch of people charging one or two people, then you'd have a good chance of hitting them, but only one or two chargers should hit (not like the Gary Larson pic where there's a whole bunch of archers in a castle shooting at an invading army, and outside the walls there's one invader with about 50 arrows in him ... because all the archers just happened to aim at him). If you're one person charging one person, I think the person on foot would probably have a good chance to step out of the way ... when you're charging, you have to build up speed and it's very dangerous trying to change direction suddenly when you're going fast. Anyway, just a few ideas.

Swordsman