VOTE!

Started by InsertCleverNameHere, May 11, 2006, 06:10:28 AM

People should probably be certain they're sure of events before they start saying it's 'just this or that' that happened.

It's been forever since I voted, I remember us being top 10, where are we at now?
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on February 21, 2017, 07:04:11 PM
It's been forever since I voted, I remember us being top 10, where are we at now?

Push the vote button.  Find out quick!
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

Harshlands, who used to be in the top 30-40 is now #17 because a lot of ex Arm players are now playing it instead (I'm not playing either, just sayin')

I think that Reiloth is one of those players who get suddenly super excited about Arm then plays and posts a lot for a little while and then disappear again for months/years. I've seen that happen a lot lately with other ex vets, including me.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Really? Reiloth is like, super active every single time I play. I've never seen him not active.  :'(

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 21, 2017, 04:31:21 PM
Also with great players like Taven leaving. Hard to keep up morale. Especially when they cite things like differences with staff as the reason they're leaving.

Quote from: Riev on February 21, 2017, 04:29:20 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 21, 2017, 04:13:58 PM
Yeah 24th on TMS. Nobody seems to be voting this month. Activity in game is still averaging the same 30ish players it has been for the past 6 months though.

Frankly the game needs some excitement around it. An HRPT or guild reform or something big. Going 5 years between every HRPT seems a little unambitious.

I do agree. "We're old, and we're one of the best! Come check us out!" isn't nearly as intriguing as "yearly world plots and great character interactions! Come write your story!".

I read a great MUD article the other day, and IRE was the ONLY thing they even deigned to talk about.

Have a link to the article?

http://www.geektime.com/2017/02/13/text-gaming-low-on-graphics-big-on-adventure/
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

First! (in March)

Get in there people!  Vote please!
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Still first on TMC, and ninth and rising on TMS!  Click that button!
How about a scavenger hunt?

Let's get a good start on TMS!
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Have you ever wished you had THREE buttons to click?

OMG that UI...
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

I'm giving up on TMS.

Also, that website is terrible to look at.  Still voted!
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Rathustra on April 11, 2017, 06:54:55 PM
Have you ever wished you had THREE buttons to click?

Rank   Name   Votes
1   Never Gonna Give You Up   93
2   Geas   46
3   Sindome   25
4   ZombieMUD   20
5   Lament: the Age of Wind and Wolves   14
6   The Inquisition Legacy   12
7   Shattered World   11
8   AnsalonMUD   6
9   Armageddon   5
10   Ravenblack Dark Alleyway   4
11   Iberia MUD   1
12   Shattered Isles   1
13   The World Called Hollow

Yeah, sorry, but totally had to vote for 'Never Gonna Give You Up' mud.

Quote from: Feco on April 11, 2017, 07:02:57 PM
I'm giving up on TMS.

Also, that website is terrible to look at.  Still voted!

I don't know how you do it but I feel like each time you announce that you voted, Armageddon goes down by 5 ranks on TMS.

New players might not know how to get the vote to count on The Mudconnector, so I'll splain:
1. Go to themudconnector.com and create an account, if you don't have one. If you do have one, log in.
2. Go to the Arm page that has the vote button, and click it. This *should* take you to the vote page, where you have to submit your actual vote.

3. If you have an account already and you click the vote button from Arm, and it takes you to the Mudconnector forum (or any Mudconnector page OTHER than the page where you have to submit your actual vote), then it means you are not logged in to the Mudconnector, and you need to do that first. So return to #1 and log in, then go to #2.

4. If it brings you to a "you have to log in" page, and you log in, you STILL have to return to the Arm page to click the vote button. Logging in does NOT submit your vote. It just logs you in.

Mudconnector does not acknowledge redirects from non-members so you have to already be logged in, for your vote to be submitted.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Hook it up! Let's send out the invites and kick this party into high gear!

So, players. do you want the stafferinos beating you at "the ones who are among the first-ever to vote on this one and only unique day, this first day of July 2017, that will NEVER COME AGAIN?"

Or do you want to sit back, be lazy dole bludgers, and let the stafferinos win? Because they will you know. They have the power. UNLESS YOU GET THERE FIRST.

VOTE - and be among the first! It's the only thing you can do, if you want to win the prize!

I prefer to think that it's not a coincidence that since I returned and started voting every day, we've steadily gained ranks.  If this is what one person can do ...  ;)
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Valeria, holding the flame.

Valeria is the dood.

Anyone can be the dood.  My doodage is not exclusive.  You just have to VOTE!

We're 9 votes down from second place.  Gather the dood posse.

Do not, my friends, become addicted to voting.  It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!