VOTE!

Started by InsertCleverNameHere, May 11, 2006, 06:10:28 AM

We have third!

Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Let's not let ourselves be beaten by Castle fucking Marrach. They are clearly doing a vote drive.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Voted.

Voted.

Someone elses turn. Damn slackers.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Why?

Why are we first on TMC, but NINTH on TMS?

:(
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

How the heck are we not in the top 20 on TMS....?
The human vagabond steps forward, blocking a filthy grey rat from the curtain.
The human vagabond says, in sirihish:
     "You're not allowed in there."

What the fuck.  Have we ever not been on the TMS top 20?  We're usually sub top 10.

Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Vote vote vote kiddos. It's just three simple clicks of your mouse!

Ok. It's not funny anymore... can we get back into top 20 now? Please? :'(

Apparently I should go back to AA and play, since THEY can at least keep a top-10 slot.

(-_-)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I'm struggling to understand this.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on February 21, 2017, 09:35:32 AM
I'm struggling to understand this.

Ban-wave killed morale of the veterans who probably check the boards every day and vote. That'd be my guess.

I've noticed a seeming correlation with discussion posts on the GDB of late, and our position on TMS. There's a concerning lack of interest in discussion except among the same maybe dozen people.

I'm apparently out of the loop.  No idea what "ban-wave" you're even talking about.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

It feels wrong somehow to suggest that unpopular staff decisions and conduct could lead to a decrease in voting, but it also seems obvious.  Most disturbing to me in recent times is the stifling of staff criticism on the GDB under the guise of a "no discussing moderation activities" rule.  I, too, am out of the loop on this "ban wave", likely due to said policy. 

Staff, you guys really shouldn't be looking to Tuluk for your community management strategy.

All that said, I also suspect that "Trump Malaise" is a real thing that is generally depressing Americans' moods and motivation.

Admittedly, its also the post-Holiday season where people are back into classes and preparing for February/March/April breaks and dsuch. But going from top-5 contender to 'can't break top-20", there's something odd. Moreso than the 20-ish less people a week we're seeing.

I vote less frequently than I used to, which was three times a day like clockwork. But that's because I've got more going on, not because of some ban I've only heard about here. Sometimes fitting one more thing into my day is simply impossible, no matter how small it is.

Plus it was seeing the why do you vote thread every day that reminded me.

Quote from: Riev on February 21, 2017, 10:44:28 AM
Admittedly, its also the post-Holiday season where people are back into classes and preparing for February/March/April breaks and dsuch. But going from top-5 contender to 'can't break top-20", there's something odd. Moreso than the 20-ish less people a week we're seeing.

End of post-Holiday to preparing for breaks, I like how wide your 'excuse' for low voting is heheh

Then I guess it goes from final exams preparation to summer and people would rather be outside (end of April to late August) then returning to school and Thanksgiving is coming soon??

(I'm just friendly-messing with you, by the way!)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Nah its cool. I just noticed I've been super negative of late, and wanted to at least pepper it with a bit of "There could be something else, too!" before Those Who Shall Not Be Angered decide my negativity is worth a ban, rather than a discussion.

Yeah 24th on TMS. Nobody seems to be voting this month. Activity in game is still averaging the same 30ish players it has been for the past 6 months though.

Frankly the game needs some excitement around it. An HRPT or guild reform or something big. Going 5 years between every HRPT seems a little unambitious.

February 21, 2017, 04:22:55 PM #393 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 04:26:33 PM by Akaramu
Personally, I stopped voting daily -because- we dropped out of the top 20. It seems pointless to even try at this point. BUT! I'll definitely try to pick the habit back up from the 1st of March onward. Vote thread reminders help.

I've noticed that Reiloth isn't posting anymore, and this concerns me because he's like, one of my favorite players in the game. If there is indeed a ban wave going on, staff - pretty please reconsider. We need good, active roleplayers. Maybe there's a different solution to whatever it is that's going on. The loss of good roleplayers punishes all of us.  :'(

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 21, 2017, 04:13:58 PM
Yeah 24th on TMS. Nobody seems to be voting this month. Activity in game is still averaging the same 30ish players it has been for the past 6 months though.

Frankly the game needs some excitement around it. An HRPT or guild reform or something big. Going 5 years between every HRPT seems a little unambitious.

I do agree. "We're old, and we're one of the best! Come check us out!" isn't nearly as intriguing as "yearly world plots and great character interactions! Come write your story!".

I read a great MUD article the other day, and IRE was the ONLY thing they even deigned to talk about.

Also with great players like Taven leaving. Hard to keep up morale. Especially when they cite things like differences with staff as the reason they're leaving.

Quote from: Riev on February 21, 2017, 04:29:20 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 21, 2017, 04:13:58 PM

I do agree. "We're old, and we're one of the best! Come check us out!" isn't nearly as intriguing as "yearly world plots and great character interactions! Come write your story!".

I read a great MUD article the other day, and IRE was the ONLY thing they even deigned to talk about.

Have a link to the article?

Keep your chin up, I know of at least 3 veterans (myself included) who returned recently.

Bleh, this all just reminded me we banned DesertMan(played Koman Locke and others that are well known) because of his OOC opinions on Trump and locker-room guy-talk.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on February 21, 2017, 04:38:25 PM
Bleh, this all just reminded me we banned DesertMan(played Koman Locke and others that are well known) because of his OOC opinions on Trump and locker-room guy-talk.

It seemed to be more for an ongoing trend and multiple past bans rather than one single instance.

It was also just a GDB ban, which he has been banned from for extensive periods in the past.

February 21, 2017, 05:22:53 PM #399 Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:26:02 PM by RogueGunslinger
Just seems like a waste of staff time and effort to go after our vets. Maybe if he was actually breaking forum rules when he was banned or something I'd understand it. But this sort of thing is what makes people have disagreements with staff and want to stop playing.

"Just a forum ban." doesn't really mean much when you're creating an us vs. them atmosphere that forces staff to butt heads with players for relatively minor shit.