VOTE!

Started by InsertCleverNameHere, May 11, 2006, 06:10:28 AM

Ehhh...We're off the Top ten on TMS. Not even 11 (but I can't get it to display 1-20 properly).

That can't be good!

Ohhhhh...They reset. Or whatever you call it. See...if everyone on the board voted now. We'd be at number one. :oops:

Awh. We were 5th and now we're 11th. Pffffft. You guys don't vote enough.

Okay everybody, here's our breakdown!

RPIMUD
On RPI, we are tied with a pre-alpha game for 3rd place, with 5 whole votes. Yippie. First place only has 15, think we can catch up? :wink:

Top Mud Sites
TMS has reset, and we are at a sad 12th place, with 43 votes. :evil:

The Mud Connector
TMC has us at 10. I'm thinking this is a permanent thing anymore. :roll:

Get a move on, people!
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Quote from: "John"
Quote from: "Angela Christine"Well, for what it is worth, it is Monday RPIMUD network has reset again.  We currently have 4 votes, which leaves us tied with some MUDs that haven't actually opened yet.   :P
These posts do help. I only vote at RPImud when reminded.

True dat.... rrrr.... I suppose I should be more supportive of the mud I staff... Vote! Vote you peons, or I will killz you all!

Quote from: "InsertCleverNameHere"Okay everybody, here's our breakdown!

RPIMUD
On RPI, we are tied with a pre-alpha game for 3rd place, with 5 whole votes. Yippie. First place only has 15, think we can catch up? :wink:

That's becuase you have to register to vote.  No one wants to register.  Hmmmm....  Register and I will give you a point of karma.  (wonder how many doobs I can catch with that one.  *cackle*)

We're so bad at voting in comparison to the others. It's shameful. We should get 100 votes a day with 50 players! Pull your weight!

Just three more votes needed at TMS to reach #8!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

WE'RE NUMBER EIGHT FOLKS! KEEP VOTING AND KEEP US UP HERE!

W00000 PAAARRRTTAAAAYYYY!
:wink:
quote="spawnloser"]Masturbate.[/quote]

two more votes needed for the next spot on the ladder O_O!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

V-v-v-v-v-v-vote.

RPIMUD
RPI: Woo! We are at 2nd place with 13 votes. 1st place only has 16. I think we can beat them. :wink:

Top Mud Sites
TMS: We are at 7th place, with 91 votes. But I point out.. 8th place also has 91 votes. We won't stay here for long at this rate!

The Mud Connector
TMC: 10th. Always 10th. Beginning to wonder about that.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Two more votes for number one on RPI.. we really need the spots on TMS though, it's the most viewed of the bunch I think as far as people checking them for new MUDs to try.  That's where I found out about Armageddon, if I remember correctly.  I hope we can hold seventh.  Vote on TMS if you can!

I think Achae pays it's players to vote. Damn cheaters.  :evil:

It's probably like...vote and get a special code...twice a day, and we'll give you free cheet eq.

Actually, it's this little automatic reminder that chimes in on a regular timer set by the player.  It's annoying as hell.  Achaea should burn.   :evil:
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

I think we should maybe have one announcement nicely asking people to vote per day.  Maybe some time during peak hours.

Server sends: Vote!

You say in rinthi-accented sirihish
"Did you here that? Krath damned mind-benders!"

Kill self

Heh.  I don't know, it wouldn't be good if it broke the mood.  Maybe an announcement as you log in, or something.

Quote from: "flaran"I think we should maybe have one announcement nicely asking people to vote per day.  Maybe some time during peak hours.

Maybe log in and log out.

You can vote TWICE a day...

Well for us addicts that might be good.. but some people don't play 16 hours without stopping.  :twisted:  :P

A polite reminder is I believe a violation of the rules. Personally, I think it's cool that we make the top ten every week, with no chimes, no cheating, reminders or bribes.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: "Barzalene"A polite reminder is I believe a violation of the rules. Personally, I think it's cool that we make the top ten every week, with no chimes, no cheating, reminders or bribes.

I think it's cool too, but a reminder isn't violating the rules from my experience.  TMS was watching Achaea very closely for a while because they -were- rewarding voting.  They forced Achaea to stop that with a threat of removing it from TMS altogether.  So, I think if Achaea was breaking any more rules they'd still be watching closely.

EDIT TO QUOTE

Quote from: "TMS Rules"
You CANNOT offer incentives or rewards to players for voting. That means you cannot give players items, experience, or anything else in return for votes. You cannot display different messages based on whether someone voted or not, or reward a player for voting by not showing messages. You cannot have a system that 'nags' a player about voting in response to whether they've voted or not unless participation in the system is totally voluntary with no tangible positive or negative effects for a player choosing to use or not use such a system. Such a system must also allow a player to easily opt out of it at any time, also with no positive or negative effect, and it must be off by default.

So you can give a reminder, but you can't take that reminder away if they've already voted, nor can you reward in any way.  That means we -could- have a small, polite message at login along with the rest that you get saying, "Please remember to support us and vote for Armageddon!"

There were huge debates on this over at TMS (but then everything is a huge debate/flame war there.)

The consensus was that reminder messages are OK, as long as they're voluntary (i.e. you can turn them off if you like), and the staff doesn't reward you for voting.
subdue thread
release thread pit