Am I the only one that's found themselves kissing mobs?

Started by Wild Tandu, February 03, 2003, 12:04:51 PM

So okay - on every other MUD, typing "k bigfatmonster" will result in my attacking it.  Here, I have occasionally found myself "kissing" the bigfatmonster...  Blech!  

Granted, its my dumb mistake, but shouldn't "k" assume you mean "kill" rather than "kiss"?

:?

Actually, I think that would be a bad thing...

L and K are right next to each other, I would rather typo 'k (kiss) noble/templar' then 'k (kill) noble/templar' heh.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

yep yep killing the templar would REALY suck...
I would much rather my evil nihilazi psionocist kiss lord fancy pants on the mouth like bugs bunny than to hit him with my ubber bronze sword of doom...

well actualy....

*kisses lord fancy pants like bugs-bunny, following it up with a nice chop from his bronze sword of doom*

Yes yes I can see it now...

the kk command...

kiss and then whack the bugger down!!!1

*laughs histarically*
ot Milk?

Ooo oo I can help.

type>alias k look

That way whenever you type k, youll look at them instead of... kissing them... unless you uh, like it...

:shock: Vos :shock:

That reminds me, one time I wished up asking to have my say/tell/talk commands taken away from my char that was mute so that I wouldn't accidently use them. I got..

Someone has forced you to "Alias say aaaaa"

I was like God im so stupid...
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

No... I much prefer the kiss thing.  It prevents those annoying slip-ups, and gives many experienced players something to laugh about when 'the obvious n00b has entered the world, the obvious n00b eyes you morbidly, the obvious n00b kisses you.' happens.

Heh, I remember when I still used consider. Now... I just use ass -v since you know, it doesn't give you that message of "EYES YOU MORBIDLY, MWUAH, HAHA, HAHA"

Though yes, it still amuses me greatly when people do it.

I think that attack commands like 'kill' and 'hit' should need to be typed out completely. Like 'quit'. They are short enough for that.

Much better to err on the 'gentle' side.
f time conversions are giving you a head-ache, visit: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

The first time I saw that happen I thought she (PC) was just a class act, blowing a kiss to a gith before attacking. But years later, thinking back ... hehehe. Is it because the Danish programmers who wrote DIKU hailed from the 'make love not war' 60s? ;) Heh.

Swordsman