longswords?

Started by swordmaster, February 02, 2003, 09:05:01 AM

are longswords thrusting weapons my friend claims he only stabbed them with his longsword he never slashed what are they ive allways considered them slashing/piercing weapons until now.
et the sword be youre guide let you guide the sword.

Longswords are meant to be used as slashing weapons. Their long blades are meant to begin the cut near the hilt of the blade, then be dragged along to cut deeper and deeper. You can thrust or stab with them, but it's not the most efficient use of the weapon. As far as Code is concerned though, they are only slashing.

There are a couple piercing longswords that I know of.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Right right, there are always exceptions to the rules, forgot to mention that. Look at the description, that should clue you in as to how it should be used, and if you have the item, assess it.

grr... Grammer my friend. Grammer. (not that I should talk)

Try the asses comand

>asses longsword

Grammar? Assess? Yeh, asses isn't a command, and grammer is a city in indiana.

Quote from: "Khorm"Grammar? Assess? Yeh, asses isn't a command, and grammer is a city in indiana.

Uhm, yes it is, try it before giving someone shit =P
And the -grammar- thing was a joke... '(not that I should talk)'

Yeah, you can use 'asses' to use the 'assess' command. Personally, I type ass -v mekillot

I only do the ass thing too.

I'm always worried when I'm typing 'ass scrab' to see how close he is to kicking over that, one of these weeks, the Imms will switch the command priorities and I'll end up assisting the scrab and kill myself.

It hasn't happened yet, but I'm still waiting!

If it's like the standard Diku code, the command "priorities" are just alphabetical ordering.

There are some differences I believe.

typing ki noble will have you kiss the noble, instead of killing him.