A new shop type...

Started by Cenghiz, January 30, 2003, 12:05:53 PM

I play in Allanak. I make -or used to make- a living by selling scrab shells and insect carapaces. And that man in the shop just doesn't buy the sixth shell. So I must sell it somewhere else. To PC's... Oops, problem, there are NO PC's when I login, not if I login at 3 AM here.
Let's imagine a shop... I walk in, type 'auction shell 20', then the shopkeeper gives me a ticket, then some time later someone comes and buys it for 40 'sids (100% commission, the commission percentage must be high to prevent abuse, maybe even higher...). When I get back and offer the ticket he says "It's not sold" or just pays me. And the shopkeeper just junks items unsold in a period of time and tells you not to bring him junk next time when you offer the ticket.
If this shop appears, I may start a gossip in tavern about the low-priced scrab shells in this commission shop, then may sell my scrab shells to people who do not connect at the same time with me. Wouldn't it be good? So I wouldn't bother and go on my chats with NPC's and VNPC's with fatty piles of gold in belt. (At the moment I'm low on 'sids, so just can't login to hunt things I wouldn't be able to sell, finish all water I have and die of thirst. It hurts!)
I know the shop may be abused in some ways, but nearly everything may be abused. Please at least think about it.

Note: Sorry for my rotten English and silly mistakes I did. I don't know English well.
Note 2: I know I gave so much IC information but I have to explain why I'm struggling in the game and can't convince two of my friends -they created one characher each, died and left Arm- that someone in Turkey can play Armageddon.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I think this is an awesome idea, Cenghiz, with a lot of potential.  I also think that your charcter should reap the rewards for it and set it up with IMM help if he's the type to think that deeply/be that motivated.

If he's not the kind of character that would set that up, someone should take this idea and run with it!

:-)
 taste the sands.
I smell my death.
Is that the Mantis head?
Oh, fek!

Off topic remark: You write English a lot better than some native English writers around these parts. They could learn from someone like you!

This would break a lot of boundaries between players in different time zones, perhaps even increase the amount of players! It would help craftsmen (the buyers), and rangers (the sellers).  But if everyone could buy items for fairly cheap than the stores wouldn't make as much money selling the ones they buy... but they already lose a descent amount as it is ;)

I think the idea is worth some attention from the staff, but I'm sure someone had a similar idea at one point.   :?:
f the end of the world is near, remove your fear and shed no tear.   Face life head on.

Yes... I think it may so easily be abused. It must pay the seller less than shops, and sell to the buyers with a little less price than the shops' prices. Let someone do it. I started this MUD recently and still want to play open-mouthed characters who don't talk but just stare blankly at your face.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]