Author Topic: Tasty critters!  (Read 1049 times)

Malifaxis

• Thoughts of the Sixth Age
Tasty critters!
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:50:03 AM »
http://www.zalanthas.org/ArmDocs/Community/format.html#npcs

Little critters, you know, like ecosystem stuff.  Try to think of stuff that would actually fit in, and would be something that still could be large enough to have an effect on the world.  For example, a two foot iguana is something that would be important to mention, but a six inch striped skink would probably be best written up as an item for a ranger's forage result.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Stop being shitty to each other.

Malifaxis

• Thoughts of the Sixth Age
Tasty critters!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 02:13:01 AM »
keywords: azzith grey scaled rodent ridged
sdesc: a grey scaled azzith
ldesc:  A small, ridged rodent with grey-scales scurries about here.
desc:
This small creature looks somewhat like a rodent in body build, as it is low to the ground, long tailed, and rapid in motion.  At basic shape, however, the similarities end.  A thin coat of grey, curved scales coats the body and an enlarged spine protected by small, angular plates juts from the back.  Wide, web-footed paws laden with tiny claws as well as a thumb cap the ends of thin, muscular legs.  A flowing tail extends from the plated spine and trails back about to about half again the length of the body, and has an extendable webbing on both the top and bottom which flares wide at the very end.  The head of the creature appears to have no eyes, and is instead a very intricate set of feelers radiating out from a jutting snout which contains a jaw filled with small, saw shaped teeth.

background/purpose:
The azzith is a highly modified creature that evolved from a mole to live in the specific environment of the silt sea edge.  The armor of the rodent provides a slick surface over which the silt moves, and when it 'dives' the rodent traps small pockets of air within its belly scales.  If it must stay within the silt for an extended time, it rolls into a ball and takes an extra breath.  The azzith is one of the primary food sources of young silt horrors, and the azzith lives mainly by eating small insects and fauna.  The azzith near the docs of RS and RSE have been known to grow to nearly double the size of normal azzith by feeding well on the grain brought in on ships.  Azzith are highly intelligent, and can live in captivity, but the humanoid hands make them almost as problematic as jozhal to keep in a cage.  They are also known to liberate small, shiny objects and hoard them or simply destroy them.

race: rodentia
sex: varies
guild: pickpocket

skills:
hide, sneak, steal, can survive in silt
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Stop being shitty to each other.