Weather Paterns

Started by WarriorPoet, January 25, 2003, 09:50:56 PM

I was reading the Sandstorm thread, and I got to thinking that other than blowing sand and hot winds, I don't klnow much about the climate and weather patterns of Arm. Such as:

Is rain a myth? Is there even a Myth, or is rain completely unknown? Dew?

Heat lightning? Things of that nature?

Tides in the Sea of Silt?

Sorry I couldnt be more specific and also if it's too IC, but maybe there is a helpfile Ive missed?

Thanks in advance
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I asked about rain in the past, and the response I got was that there isnt enough water in this region of the world to result in precipitation, and thus clouds, and thus rain. (The water cycle)

There most definetely is lightning, although Ive never seen it, or there wouldnt be enough dedication to the elemental temple of Elkros (which if Im not mistaken is based on lightning)

Tides in the silt sea... putting it in an off the wall thought, I think at times the entire region reaches 'high-tide' where you cant even walk out side, yet at others, the tide is 'low' and you can see for miles.

And probably with shifting and changing winds the depths of the silt might be altered as its blown around. I hope that helps...
:shock: