Bored on imm day?

Started by Sanvean, January 25, 2003, 12:57:28 PM

Right now the staff are having a competition to see who can produce the most new npcs for the northlands during January. Everyone's been cranking away, but inspiration's flagging during this last month. Write up a batch of npcs and send them to the imm of your choice. Guidelines for writing npcs are here: http://www.armageddon.org/community/format.html#npcs

I happen to be writing some NPC's as we speak. Now, we'll have to see who can become my favorite imm. Bribes accepted.
 great evil walks Zalanthas...
Master Z has arrived from the west!

I won't take bribes (well, maybe if you insist) but I like to root for an underdog. Anyone hoplelessly behind and want help catching up?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Wow.  Party on Laeris.

Here's the plan, don't send any of your NPCs to Laeris

Heh.

You notice the top three npc contributing imms are all female?

Now I'm wondering if by pointing this out, suddenly Nessalin and Halaster and the other male imms will get a landslide of NPC submissions. :twisted:
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

People put a lot of work into developing PCs.  Why not recycle some dead PCs as PCs (with the owners permission of course)?  Especially if they died in some out of the way spot with no other PCs around.

Should we be following any guidelines as far as the descriptions of these northern NPCs are concerned?  I've usually made my PCs and NPCs from the northlands following the standards mentioned in this old GDB post:

http://www.armageddon.org/HyperNews/get/general-archive1999/43/1/1.html

Riding the sands,
Red Ranger
There is a tool for every task, and a task for every tool.
-Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport and Warden of the West

Quote from: "Red Ranger"Should we be following any guidelines as far as the descriptions of these northern NPCs are concerned?  I've usually made my PCs and NPCs from the northlands following the standards mentioned in this old GDB post:

http://www.armageddon.org/HyperNews/get/general-archive1999/43/1/1.html

Riding the sands,
Red Ranger

I think it would be great to follow those guidelines, but if you don't it won't hurt anything terribly.  There would have been a good deal of intermingling during the Southern Occupation, so traits from both would show up.  But if you do desire to follow those guidelines, terrific!
ssues are issues.  People are people.  Issues should be addressed, people should be loved. - John W. Frye

Just a random note, I remember describing a northern friend  in game, and the person I was describing him to said "That could be just about anyone, dark skin and lots of scars? Yeah, just about anyone up north."
Personally, I see very few Zalanthans actually resembling caucasians. Except perhaps nobles, rinthers, and gypsies. Why those three groups? ::shrug:: I imagine Northerners to be much like Africans, and Southerners to be more Arabic or Egyptian.

Personally, I think of "average" northerners as a bit more plump and more hairy than their southern counterparts, and in fact a bit more light-skinned.  Most of the dark-skinned sorts up there, that I can think of offhand, are imports or nomads of some description -- remember that the majority of people have been at least loosely city based for many generations (save for ~1 generation or so that survived with no real Tuluk city to speak of).

This is -not- a concensus statement, though, and not necessarily "the way it is."  We've defined certain *specific* groups reasonably well in terms of how they look, but not so much the great city-based masses.  At least, not that I recall.  Heh.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]