Where does Armageddon Ivory come from?

Started by Anonymous, January 24, 2003, 08:21:22 PM

It turns out, vestrics have these ENORMOUS tusks.  It's really freakish.  You don't notice them until you're up real close.

On a related note, where does Zalanthan silk come from? Or for that matter, who has enough rich farmland to raise cotton crops?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Silk is a bit more ICly interesting, so I'll avoid it.  :)

Oh come on... Don't know where SILK COMES FROM?!!?!? Gosh... said said said. I wouldn't think it'd be too different then some of are real world silk comes from.

And I have no clue about cotton, I would think it's animal based stuffed more then grown stuff. I wouldn't see wasted good land on that type of stuff when food is more important.

SHRUG.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Silk comes from the cocoons of caterpillars in the gray forest.  And Sturdier silk comes from some type of plant or flowering bud. 8)

I'm pretty sure that's covered in the clothing docs... somewhere.

I believe that cotton grows wild, i.e. is not farmed and cultivated.

In allanak you would probably know that there are farms outside, well ivory comes from them.  chalton or something.

Read the creature help files.  It states of a specific animal who has ivory, though I dont recall right off hand.

I remember killing an animal with two -small- ivory horns. Like an inch or two long. I also remember finding humanoid femurs somewhere, the description said something about them being charred or burnt, and under the char they were infact ivory. I had some interesting rp revolving this, thanks to the a certain imm. As far as I know, there is only one animal that has ivory, one animal that is coded in that is. Im sure there are a few more animals on Zalanthas with ivory that aren't put in. I bet if you wrote some up there is a good chance they would be put it. Also, you should know that not every animal is put into the creature section. There are several that aren't even mentioned. Rp what your character should know about his area, unless there is a reason, you might not know everything about scrabs just becuase your a hunter in the northlands, mayby never seen or heard of one.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.