Author Topic: Submission- Stretcher  (Read 4237 times)

Foamy007

Submission- Stretcher
« on: December 07, 2005, 12:47:46 PM »
Thanks Sanvean, will do.

-moved from ask the staff section-

Anyways simply enough, I would like to submit a stretcher (for those combat medics out there), It would be of simple design, able to be folded up or taken apart enough to be worn on the back like another large object or packed away in a bag. And of course the main thing would be how could someone carry it with someone on it. (dont know if its codedly able to be done with beds etc) but if it is possible then I would like to see it done.

Anyways I would be willing to write up the desc, ldesc, etc for it or multiple versions (say a cheap unfoldable version) and a more expesive foldable version and all that.

Just wondering if you guys would be willing to do it if I wrote it up and all. I just think it would be something interesting to see used in game. And might also help to bring the physicians into the game even more.

Its one of my pet peevs I have always loved the physician class and wanted to see it played more.
eel my squirrely wrath!!!!!!!

Malifaxis wrote:
Hizzle, shizzle, fabizzle mechakizzle will probably force my fingers to autorespond with subdue target and the nearest directions for the top of the Shield Wall. Lets see if you can flizzle, bizzle.

Desertman

Right
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 03:55:07 PM »
You dont actually need a new script coded in order to use this item. I like the idea of the item though. Here is what you do, if someone is down and out or roleplaying not being able to walk, you take out your stretcher, have it in your inventory, role playing using it while you get your wounded man to turn on his nosave...when nosave is on, just subdue him, and carry him off on your stretcher. :) Should work fine that way.
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
The young daughter has been filled.

Cale_Knight

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 03:59:45 PM »
It would be cool if the stretcher could be hooked up to a kank so you could drag someone back to the gates.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Desertman

Some thing
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 04:00:40 PM »
What you do here is the same thing, just mount your kank while you have them subdued with your stretcher in your inventory, it works great...(Also nifty for riding double)

Foamy007

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 04:23:47 PM »
YES, you COULD do that, but what I am looking for is to get away from....... such and such walks by with such and such subdued, I want to see more useful items used in game. And to be honest, the subdued thing is gay to me. Because you have to ooc tell them to turn off nosave and such and such, when if the stretchers where used etc, then it would simply be they either lay on it, OR then you would subdue them (picking them up of course) and put them down on the stretcher if they are incapacitate (i.e. Knocked the hell out). Then you could carry them through the gates, and as for one being drug behind a kank, thats called a liter as far as stretchers goes, but I would be willing to see that used, BUT since the hitching and wagon codes are no longer used anymore it would be pointless to work on it and then use the buggy codes for wagons etc until it is fixed.

Anyways what I am saying is, I get honestly tired of seeing existing codes used, although they do work, dont get me wrong, and I love the work that has been put into them. I just would like to see a few more items used in game.

Also on a more physician note, I have hardly EVER seen enough time in combat when someone goes down to be able to tell them hey OOC: nosave on so i can subdue you.... and then be able to drag them out, and as for someone not being able to walk, i have seen players take hits to the leg that would REMOVE the leg from the lower section of their body, but just go oh, its nothing, just a scratch. I can walk fine......

START ROLEPLAYING INJURIES PPL GOSH...... anyways sorry to the IMMS for that rant. Back to the subject.

But seriously Desert, it might work and it does work just fine, but there are other ways to go around it so that it would be more acceptable as well as add more RP to combat etc.

Anyways thanks though.

Malifaxis wrote:
Hizzle, shizzle, fabizzle mechakizzle will probably force my fingers to autorespond with subdue target and the nearest directions for the top of the Shield Wall. Lets see if you can flizzle, bizzle.

Agent_137

• a crapy clawn
Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 05:38:24 PM »
ok yea, desertman. YOU bring that subdued guy on the "stretcher" through the city gates.

Subdue is very limited. There needs to be a carry command, as suggested in another thread. Then these strechers don't actually need to be coded like a bed.

Anael

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 05:52:45 PM »
ok yea, desertman. YOU bring that subdued guy on the "stretcher" through the city gates.

I'll gladly do it instead. It's not a problem, really.
Quote from: Vanth
  A well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

Agent_137

• a crapy clawn
Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 06:03:43 PM »
since when do they not arrest you for dragging a subdued person through the gates?

Desertman

Ok
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 09:00:43 PM »
Ummm the last time I checked you didnt get in trouble for subdueing someone and carrying them through the gates...seeing as how I have done it about four hundred times...but eh..what do I know hehe. ;)

Anyways, I was just offering some suggestions, not trying to say your idea sucks. Just giving you something to do until the imms find time to impliment this.

amoeba

Re: Ok
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 09:31:16 PM »
Quote from: "Desertman"
Ummm the last time I checked you didnt get in trouble for subdueing someone and carrying them through the gates...seeing as how I have done it about four hundred times...but eh..what do I know hehe. ;)

You get killed for subduing a character at the gates, or within sight.  Not for carrying a subdued character through the gates.  A subtle distinction that has led to many a character's deaths.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"
You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

Agent_137

• a crapy clawn
Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 09:42:53 PM »
oh, glad to know the specifics on that.

Desertman

Right
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 09:54:15 PM »
Not if you have the person being subdued turn thier nosave on first, then the crime code is bypassed.

Agent_137

• a crapy clawn
Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 10:40:02 PM »
Um, I'm not so sure, but ok.

Rhyden

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 11:27:02 PM »
Anyways,

Along the lines of the stretcher idea, I think it would also be cool to have a cart-like object that could be connected to the mount similarily to how a stretcher would be. Instead, this cart would be a large container to put larger amounts of items in (such as large quantities of raw materials). It's quite impossible to drag any large amount of wood, stone, hides, etc. without a wagon and packing 10 bags one ontop of the other onto your kank is sorta jarring. The cart alone and the weight within would of course add stamina penalty to the mount.

Just tossing the idea out there.
-Rhyden
Quote from: Malifaxis
One thing I'd like to see in arm is more people focusing on how to make the game intriguing, by filling
it with murder, betrayal, and corruption, instead of arguing about how combat isn't powerful enough.

Maybe42or54

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 11:31:09 PM »
And have two very parallel tracks.
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Halaster

• Legend
Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 08:49:51 AM »
Hmm, thinking about this codedly, I'm kinda leaning towards the idea that it would be a piece of furniture, just like a bed or couch.  You'd, sit/rest/sleep on it, just like furniture.  The main difference would be that someone could drag it around.

(Not saying I'm about to do it, just brainstorming)
Halaster

Foamy007

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 01:02:45 PM »
Yea, Halaster, that was my thoughts exactly. I was thinking either one or two ppl could carry it.... one dragging it of course and if there was two they could actually carry it off the ground.

Malifaxis wrote:

Agent_137

• a crapy clawn
Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 06:03:12 PM »
unless it was a half-giant carrying it.

There's already a fine weight code. If it's too heavy, you can't life it but half way and have to drag it. (wait, can you drag it if you can only lift it half way?)

jmordetsky

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 08:15:06 AM »
Quote from: "Rhyden"
Anyways,

Along the lines of the stretcher idea, I think it would also be cool to have a cart-like object that could be connected to the mount similarily to how a stretcher would be. Instead, this cart would be a large container to put larger amounts of items in (such as large quantities of raw materials). It's quite impossible to drag any large amount of wood, stone, hides, etc. without a wagon and packing 10 bags one ontop of the other onto your kank is sorta jarring. The cart alone and the weight within would of course add stamina penalty to the mount.

-Rhyden

I recently played a wandering obsidian merchant and I would have LOVED to have had this as a goal. It would be great if you could spend months with your cart as a dune trader lugging smal shipments between cities.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Maybe42or54

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 07:42:35 PM »
Anyways,

-Rhyden

Oh and another thing, 10 bags on a kank full of obsidian would weigh a kank down a whole lot more than 20 bags on a stretcher type thing.
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

elvenchipmunk

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 08:10:38 PM »
Quote from: "Maybe42or54"
The cart alone and the weight within would of course add stamina penalty to the mount.

Oh and another thing, 10 bags on a kank full of obsidian would weigh a kank down a whole lot more than 20 bags on a stretcher type thing.

Duh,

That's what inix are for. Maybe even two kanks could carry this cart? I dunno. Another problem I'd see with the cart idea (unlike stretcher) is that your cart would be difficult to leave somewhere once you quit out.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Foamy007

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 12:10:22 AM »
Well that could be fixed, we have wagon yards, how about we set it up just like the stables except for carts and wagons, the fees could be based on the basic size of the wagon or cart to be storing it (I guess thats the best desc).

Malifaxis wrote:

Halaster

• Legend
Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 10:06:05 AM »
Quote from: "Foamy007"
Well that could be fixed, we have wagon yards, how about we set it up just like the stables except for carts and wagons, the fees could be based on the basic size of the wagon or cart to be storing it (I guess thats the best desc).

Carts yes.  Wagons no.

We actually used to have a 'stables' for wagons, but eventually removed it.  The problem was that people could be IN the wagon when you suddenly remove it, and then they couldn't leave.  It made for weird situations.

If carts could be made (and I admit, I really dig the idea so I'm going to poke around and see what I can come up with) then I could see stabling them.
Halaster

Foamy007

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2005, 12:30:14 PM »
Well in that case, let me know if you need any help, I am willing to, because I want to see carts used also. It would help alot with more than a few char ideas I have.

Malifaxis wrote:

Oxidised Lizard

Submission- Stretcher
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 02:19:19 PM »
I love this cart idea...  8)