bad stats

Started by howdo, January 19, 2003, 02:15:05 PM

help i have got really bad stats then i rerolled and they got worse!!

You are stuck with them.  To put it bluntly, don't worry about stats.  They mean relativly little in Armageddon.  A 20 days old warrior with very poor stats on everything will beat the living piss out of a 10 day old warrior with great stats on everything.  Don't worry about it and just play the game.

Quote from: "Rindan"You are stuck with them.  To put it bluntly, don't worry about stats.  They mean relativly little in Armageddon.  A 20 days old warrior with very poor stats on everything will beat the living piss out of a 10 day old warrior with great stats on everything.  Don't worry about it and just play the game.
thatnks rindan that made me feel alot better :D but i cant hold anything!

Even an elf with horrible stats should be able to wear some light armor and a couple of weapons.  Check to see what sort of crap you are lugging around.  A slight flaw in the code makes it so that everything (except coins) weighs at least 1 stone, which is about 2.2 pounds (I believe).  So, 20 arrows could easily throw you over your weight limit if you are weak.  Try and trim down on what you have to stuff you need.  If you are lugging around crap like a bunch of odds and ends you found/looted, either sell it or get rid of it.  No need to be lugging around two sets of armor.

oh i mean i cant hold my cutlass in one hand but i can etwo it.but a char that can one hand it will probaly be better than me etwoing or not

Get a lighter sword, unless your character is hell-bent on wielding that cutlass.  Even children can use -some- weapons.  But yah, if you're weak you'll have to use two hands on medium-heavy weight weapons... beyond that you can't use them at all.

but will i suck with a cutlass in two hands if i cant hold it in one? oh im a half-elf

howdo, with all due respect, I think you're looking at the game from the wrong perspective.  Don't worry about "sucking," worry about why your character would use a weapon that would be uncomfortable for him.
 taste the sands.
I smell my death.
Is that the Mantis head?
Oh, fek!

Extremely low strength can actually hamper a character concept.  I think Imms are more prone to raise strength then other stats.  Not that getting your strength raised is easy or quickly achieved.
I'd say just have fun with the character.  If your combat PC has ultra-poor stats, your going to find a hunting expedition really challenging.
As for role-play, maybee your massive warrior has a bad back injury.  Maybe, he's sick with disease.  There are a lot of fun reasons for your bad stats on a good character.  And if the character is young, you've got a chance of stats increasing with age.  

Good Luck!