Author Topic: Tuluki Tattoos  (Read 1874 times)

Larrath

Tuluki Tattoos
« on: November 12, 2005, 04:51:57 PM »
Tuluk could benefit a lot from another system of tattoos, since the documentations state that, in a way, they tend to ink their history on their skin.  I also think it would be interesting for roleplaying.
(Oh wow, two tembo stripes on his arm.  He escaped death twice?  Must be a lucky moron, this one).

I'm mostly thinking about, say, a tattoo with an animal's head on a jade background to depict having escaped death from that threat - options could be halflings, tembos, magickers and defilers (multicolored suns), raiders and Allanakis.
Also, tattoos with a similar head on a red and white background for such things slain - magickers, Allanakis, Allanaki templars, famous criminals or large numbers of halflings.
Perhaps even tattoos for falling in love, or number of mates, participation in city-wide contests (and taking places) or even for spice addictions, and a final, rare tattoo that would be given by the Faithful for service to the city (for the Tuluki that went and blew up the Barrel, not the Sergeant who rode into a skirmish and won).

Thoughts about this?
Any takers?
Quote from: Vesperas
...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

path

• they fight crime
Tuluki Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 06:52:43 PM »
I'd like to see a lot more tattoos in the North, period. As well as henna tattoos.
Just instituting a greater variety and encouraging players to get inkings for events in their life would be such an interesting cultural turn, I don't see any need to be more strict about what one 'should' have than it already is.
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Maybe42or54

Tuluki Tattoos
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »
Like what?

Kadius and T’zai Bynn
A purple, brown and black ring tattoo-
A magenta circle with a blue interior interlocks with a weaving brown and black circle with two orange pillars parallel to each other in the middle.

Kurac and Kadius
A red and purple ring tattoo-
A stylized crimson flame licks the ring of a richly tattooed red corral as a magenta ring steals some of the crimson flame to warm its blue shaded center.

Salarr and Kadius
A grey and purple tattoo-
A black and white checkered pattern of flesh is encircled by a grey ring while a magenta circle interlocks and shades over a section of the checks with its own blue shade.

T’zai Bynn and Kurac
A red corral within a black and brown ring tattoo-
A stylized flame stands between two parallel, orange pillars while being contained within a rich, red corral tattoo, and at the same time within an even bigger black and brown ring that seems to be woven around each other.

Salarr and T’zai Bynn
A grey, brown, and black pair of ring tattoos-
Two orange pillars lay on a checkered black and white pattern within a steel grey ring, which is enveloped by a woven brown and black ring tattoo.

Salarr and Kurac-
A grey and richly-tattooed, red ring tattoo-
A stylized crimson flame burns the center of a black and white checkered pattern within a dull, steel grey ring which is encircled by a richly-dyed, red corral tattoo.

For killing a southerner or whatever:

A bleeding, jade cross tattoo-
A simple jade cross is etched into the flesh with a pair of bright crimson blood-lines descending the cross from where a dagger is plunged into it between the head and an arm of the cross.

A field of bleeding, jade crosses-
Many jade crosses litter the patch of tattooed flesh, each with a crimson pool of blood at their feet as well as a weapon or two, or three sticking from the cross’s sides, ranging from dagger, to arrow, to flail.
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Maybe42or54

Tuluki Tattoos
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 09:50:38 PM »
And to explain those tattoos:
A bleeding, jade cross tattoo-
A field of bleeding, jade crosses-

They would build up from 1 cross to a couple, to a few, to several, and finally many. You get one for each southerner you kill.

And just because my brain air is moving around.
You can get this tattoo for successfully spending a night in an allanaki prison.

A set of bars with a pair of eyes tattoo-
Two hands grasp the outer, milky-white, bone bars set within a brown rectangle, while a set of blue eyes stare at you between the bars above a couple rows of yellowish teeth formed into a pleased grin.

Just toss me what you want and I'll write them in my head, while I am "working."
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Larrath

Tuluki Tattoos
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 10:05:42 PM »
Well, I'm still waiting for a staffer to okay this project.

I don't really understand the idea of the Salarr+Byn and such tattoos.  The tattoos for killing Allanakis are a good idea, being in prison could be too, but mostly they should be for important events in a commoner's life, or things they're very proud of.

Killing an enemy of the city-state, winning a contest, finding a significant life-mate, maybe even moving in and out of apartments and starting businesses.  Escaping death, helping the Legions or Faithful, killing an Allanaki noble, taming a dangerous animal, constructing a wagon, surviving alone in the desert for a long period of time.  Maybe even some tattoos related to superstitions - like, getting a spiral on your chest to ward disease.
I'm not sure there should be many tattoos of the same kind on the same body - if each Tuluki starts going around with five or six different tattoos, having one cross on your arms, two crosses on your forearms, several crosses on your left wrist and then many crosses on your right wrist, that's just a spammy waste of wear-locations.
Quote from: Vesperas
...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Agent_137

• a crapy clawn
Tuluki Tattoos
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 10:06:29 PM »
nm

Maybe42or54

Tuluki Tattoos
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 10:27:03 PM »
They are for when you join your second house and don't want to take every ankle/wrist/neck/throat place you have on your body.

I agree. The cross tattooes are designed so you can write over your previous tattoo.