Author Topic: Formatting Submissions  (Read 4498 times)

Sanvean

• My Website
Formatting Submissions
« on: November 12, 2005, 01:33:44 PM »
Information on writing submissions is here: http://www.zalanthas.org/ArmDocs/Community/format.html

The stylesheet is located here: http://www.zalanthas.org/ArmDocs/Community/stylesheet.html

RunningMountain

• Posting Privileges Revoked
Formatting Submissions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 03:36:55 PM »
Any plans to have an automated, perhaps java submissions system? SoI has that on their webpage where it automatically can submit things and save things you want to submit to the mud.

-RM
A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is.

Scarborough

Formatting Submissions
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 03:44:22 PM »
That's a good idea, Running Mountain.  In fact, even non-java would be nice.  I have a form on my business website that clients can fill out.  I set certain fields as required or they can't submit.  Once they submit, off it goes, emailed off to what I as webmaster set it to.  Webforms are easy to create and efficient.
es, Narnia, the film that teaches kids that Jesus is a lion that kills people by biting them in the face...

Sanvean

• My Website
Formatting Submissions
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 03:50:29 PM »
Yes, there is a plan for that.  However, I wanted to go ahead and get this up and running without waiting for that, since I don't know when it will be implemented.

Forest Junkie

Re: Formatting Submissions
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 03:12:33 AM »
Yes, there is a plan for that.  However, I wanted to go ahead and get this up and running without waiting for that, since I don't know when it will be implemented.

Are the links above still working? I can't reach them for some reason.

Ramblingman

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 09:18:36 AM »
Hmm, I sent a request-page-bug on this before reading.

Armageddon.org/community works. the /armdocs/community gives a "Forbidden" webpage.

Vanth

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 08:28:15 PM »
For crafting submissions, messages to room:

$n
inserts sdesc of Performer of the action/skill.

$e
He, She

$n carefully shapes the bone, then $e polishes the finished pendant with a bit of cloth.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

boog

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 09:34:24 PM »
Haaa. Thanks!
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

solera

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 05:25:46 AM »
Information on writing submissions is here: http://www.zalanthas.org/ArmDocs/Community/format.html

The stylesheet is located here: http://www.zalanthas.org/ArmDocs/Community/stylesheet.html

Has this been copied into the New Help files in the New web page?

Adhira

• Producer
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 11:41:54 AM »
I don't believe so.  It would need to be reviewed before we would do so as a lot of this is out of date.  We no longer take submissions 'on the fly' for instance.  Most 'submissions' from players will be either in the context of a mastercraft or if a staff member has put out a specific call for items/npcs/rooms in which case they will usually detail how they wish this to appear.

We can look at whether some of this information is retained, it's not top of the food chain right now as it will require some staffside discussion on what we want to see etc and there are other items that have a higher priority right now.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

solera

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »

$n

$e
He, She

$n carefully shapes the bone, then $e polishes the finished pendant with a bit of cloth.

This is the information I couldn't find on the Mastercraft page.  I assume it's still needed?

Nyr

• Red Fangs
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »

$n

$e
He, She

This is the information I couldn't find on the Mastercraft page.  I assume it's still needed?

It's now on the mastercraft page (for mastercraft template).
Paint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 02:39:01 PM »
Links broken, no equivalent URL on the new website.

In particular, what's the sdesc limit for items?  35 characters, like PCs?

CodeMaster

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »
Links broken, no equivalent URL on the new website.

In particular, what's the sdesc limit for items?  35 characters, like PCs?

I have seen over 50 (to my chagrin http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php?topic=47503.0).
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Marauder Moe

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 03:08:06 PM »
Well, "the <height> <figure> <wearing>" portion isn't part of the item's sdesc.  I'm talking about for the context of submissions.

CodeMaster

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 05:33:16 PM »
I have seen over 50
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"