What is _out_ there?

Started by gfair, January 17, 2003, 08:19:45 PM

What does the average Zalanthan adventurer know about what is far beyond the cradle of civilization?

I think he or she 'knows' any number of cock and bull stories told over an ale-saturated conversation.  He or she might even believe some of them with a fervor since it has been verified by someone's brother who was there.  Or something.

Its a great question and to me, open completely to whatever a player wanted to create and whatever their PC wanted to believe or fabricate.

From my understanding, everything outside of the known world that is known, is just commonly accepted as stories and faery tales. Now, whats exactly constitutes the known world, not sure. I'd guess it's mostly the areas that are mapped and well known, Tuluk to Red Storm and the surrounding area.

Sure spots that extend further are know by one group or another but that strip is probably what is mostly known about it by the common people.

Creeper and is thoughts.
21sters Unite!

You dont know anything, because if you knew something of what was outside the known world, then it would be known, and thus in the known world. Confusing I know.

There are many rumors, and stories, but those are best not put here, as they would spoil alot of what is or is not out there.

But also think of it this way, if you did manage to leave the 'Known World' to find some paradise of water and food, would you want to return to Zalanthas to tell everyone? Probably not. So most good rumors you'll hear are by people that havent been there, or they wouldnt be there telling you. If its a rumor of something immensely deadly and destructive its probably true... thus why people dont try to leave.

Thats all
:shock:

Quote from: "Jenred"But also think of it this way, if you did manage to leave the 'Known World' to find some paradise of water and food, would you want to return to Zalanthas to tell everyone?

Are you saying there is a paradise of food and water out there that we don't know about?!!  8)

Quote from: "gfair"
Quote from: "Jenred"But also think of it this way, if you did manage to leave the 'Known World' to find some paradise of water and food, would you want to return to Zalanthas to tell everyone?

Are you saying there is a paradise of food and water out there that we don't know about?!!  8)

Yes.  There is a zalanthian paradise.  It is called Allanak!
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.