Clean Self

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2003, 01:32:05 AM

Anyone know why the lag for that is so bad?

Because you're brushing dust from every single article of clothing, armor, and jewelry you own.

I've never understood why there was lag for that myself either.  The lag for the clean command exists whether you clean a single item or all of them.  Shaking the dust from a bandana is easier and quicker to do than weaving your way through a busy tavern to sit down upon entering, but there is no lag there.

Was it intentional?  What's the purpose behind the lag?  I'm not sure how I can envision the clean command being abused.

I always pictured it as a brief once over, brushing or patting yourself down, but sometimes the lag can be pretty long.

Personally I don't think their should be post clean lag.  If anything it should be more like the craft code with an interuptable delay prior to the success of being clean.  You start cleaning yourself off, and if someone attacks you, you're going to let yourself be interupted, not continue standing there brushing yourself down as someone is getting his swings in on you.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

Quote from: "Fedaykin"Personally I don't think their should be post clean lag.  If anything it should be more like the craft code with an interuptable delay prior to the success of being clean.  You start cleaning yourself off, and if someone attacks you, you're going to let yourself be interupted, not continue standing there brushing yourself down as someone is getting his swings in on you.

You've got a point there.   8)   You have to stop dusting yourself off or you are going to get blood all over your nice clean clothing.  And before-delays usually let you emote and talk, which is nice.  

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins