Zalanthan Urine

Started by Lohan, August 28, 2005, 06:01:35 PM

*imagines soldiers lined up shoulder-to-shoulder, ready to pee on the competition*

Too bad there is not snow in Zalanthas to write your name on it.
some of my posts are serious stuff

You can still pee in the sand.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Having a very limited knowledge of human physiology I could be totally talking out of my butt here, but isn't it true that since you eliminate a lot of the same waste products when you sweat as when you pee, that the more you sweat, while you still have to pee, it's typically got less concentrated waste? I guess what I'm getting at here is that Zalanthans are going to sweat a lot - probably excreting more waste toxins that way than urinating. So, they probably pee less, but not necessarily super-concentrated.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

QuoteHaving a very limited knowledge of human physiology I could be totally talking out of my butt here, but isn't it true that since you eliminate a lot of the same waste products when you sweat as when you pee, that the more you sweat, while you still have to pee, it's typically got less concentrated waste? I guess what I'm getting at here is that Zalanthans are going to sweat a lot - probably excreting more waste toxins that way than urinating. So, they probably pee less, but not necessarily super-concentrated.

Sweat does not equal urine; you eliminate water by perspiration, not waste. Therefore, if you sweat MORE, your urine will actually be MORE concentrated (since there will be a higher ratio of waste to water to be excreted as a result).

Semper Pax,

Dirr
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Sweating (also called perspiration or sometimes transpiration) is the loss of a watery fluid, consisting mainly of sodium chloride and urea in solution, that is secreted by the sweat glands in the skin of mammals. Sweat also consist of the chemicals or odorants 2-methylphenol and 4-methyphenol.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

QuoteHuman eccrine sweat is composed chiefly of water with various salts and organic compounds in solution. It contains minute amounts of fatty materials, urea, and other wastes. The concentration of sodium varies from 35–65 mmol/l and is lower in people acclimatised to a hot environment. The sweat of other species generally differ in composition.

I apologize, I misinformed you ALL (it's in my nature, being Soviet).
Anyways.... yes, Wikipedia does contend that a component of sweat IS urea. However, it also notes that sweat contains only trace amounts of this compound. Therefore, my point with reference to urine concentration and sweat remains valid.

Semper Pax,

Dirr
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

I have to agree with Spoon, I hate when folks try and over rationalize Arm..  It is, in the end, just a game of fictional fantasy..  Perhaps we should discuss how to rationalize magick through scientific means.. That's real right?  
I understand trying to rationalize matters to make the game more realistic, such as things that don't quite fit into RL as we know it.  But it does seem at times that some folks want to break out there Rocket Science Degree and try and figure everything out..  Thankfully   I don't like rocket science and it tends to take away some fo the air of the game for me..

Quote from: "inkhore"I have to agree with Spoon, I hate when folks try and over rationalize Arm..  It is, in the end, just a game of fictional fantasy..  Perhaps we should discuss how to rationalize magick through scientific means.. That's real right?  
I understand trying to rationalize matters to make the game more realistic, such as things that don't quite fit into RL as we know it.  But it does seem at times that some folks want to break out there Rocket Science Degree and try and figure everything out..  Thankfully   I don't like rocket science and it tends to take away some fo the air of the game for me..

I agree. I get really irritated when people try too hard to rationalize/explain everything in Zalanthas (a fictional fantasy world). I mean...sure, sometimes the conversations are interesting. But some people take it way too seriously.
I'm actually surprised to see a thread on URINE has lasted this long.

Hrrmmm...gives me an idea...a tribe called The Urine People.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

the Ipisalot tribe....

QuoteI have to agree with Spoon, I hate when folks try and over rationalize Arm.. It is, in the end, just a game of fictional fantasy.. Perhaps we should discuss how to rationalize magick through scientific means.. That's real right?
I understand trying to rationalize matters to make the game more realistic, such as things that don't quite fit into RL as we know it. But it does seem at times that some folks want to break out there Rocket Science Degree and try and figure everything out.. Thankfully I don't like rocket science and it tends to take away some fo the air of the game for me..

If a fellow Armageddon player inquires about a topic familiar to myself, I wish to enlighten them, instead of allowing them to remain ignorant for the rest of their lives. That may be YOUR choice, but no one is imposing this thread upon you. Exercise some restraint, do not read it. There is NOTHING wrong with an individual attempting to actually learn SOMETHING.

Semper Pax,

Dirr

Your probably right, it is important to learn about piss in the game..  But I also have a right to express my opions on things that deal with the game, but if it is more helpful I make sure to put "this is my own opion' after all my post.  Thankyou for the enlightment Dirr.

QuoteYour probably right, it is important to learn about piss in the game.. But I also have a right to express my opions on things that deal with the game, but if it is more helpful I make sure to put "this is my own opion' after all my post. Thankyou for the enlightment Dirr.

I beg to differ.  Posting on this forum is a privilege, not a right.  It can be
taken away.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

I was talking about expressing my opinion on the topic, not if I have a right to post or not.  And yes it is a privilege, as is being able to play the game is a privilege.  One I have enjoyed for may years and plan to for far, far, many more.