Author Topic: Ever happened?  (Read 1201 times)

Anonymous

Ever happened?
« on: January 10, 2003, 11:50:21 PM »
I was reading over a few rules, and one got me to thinking.

Has there ever been a case of ressurection in the game?

If so, how did it go, with character who might of saw the characters death, and was it an overall good thing?

If not, then just ignore my ignorant quest for history :) lol.

Eternal

Ever happened?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2003, 12:17:00 AM »
I've only ever known of one case of "non-newbie" ress that I've been involved with.  It involved a plotline that should not have occurred ic, and my character was resurrected, however his belongings were not, and he had the usualy newbie-ress hp, i.e. 1... so he died within 5 mins of me getting a mail about the ress and logging back on.  :wink:

Kinda silly, I so loved that half-giant... named Baobob... so many years ago.

Fedaykin

Ever happened?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2003, 09:35:03 AM »
Yes, they do occur but only in extreme instances usually caused by bugs.

My current character was ressed (THANK YOU IMMS!) when he was wrongly gangbanged due to a criminal code screw up.

A couple of other chars saw it and I believe were told how to properly play it out.

Yes.  It was overall a very good thing, heh.

It was also funny seeing a paste from the imms of my character's dead body being forced to dance around  :lol:
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

Rindan

Ever happened?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2003, 11:31:50 AM »
During one of my character's graduation from the Byn, after the ceremony was over, his ranking (NPC) officer attack him.  This of course caused every single Byn NPC in the entire room to attack my character, followed by half of the non-NPCs assuming that I had been the initiator of the attack.  Sufficient to say, I didnít get far before I was beaten down.

It turned out that for some reason an NPC wigged out and started the mess.  The clan imm apologized profusely and I got a resurrection.  The cover story ended up that at the end of the ceremony there was a riot and my character got knocked out in the commotion.

Resurrections do happen, but they are generally for when bugs kill someone.