archers and fletchery

Started by Deathtakeusall, January 06, 2003, 03:23:16 AM

i think it is kind of dumb how and archer can not fletch and feather onto a shaft wen he/dhe starts
Go ahead take it what harm could it do"

Quote from: "Deathtakeusall"i think it is kind of dumb how and archer can not fletch and feather onto a shaft wen he/dhe starts
yes i agree i am an archer and i want to make flketches but i cant why not i think us starting archers should at least be able to do that i can make shafts and arrowhead but y the heck cant i make fletches cmon

To make an arrow, you -must- have three components, a feather, a shaft (Which you have crafted) and a shard of stone. Then you craft those together. There are no shaft/feather flight arrows, I'm sorry.

While flight arrows are ICly plausable, it would be a nightmare to code, involving changing lots of things, creating tons of objects... you'll just have to be patient and find some shards for arrowheads.

<<Content edited by board administrator. Please don't flame on this board. Thanks. -Sanvean>>

This board is for general discussion of Armageddon MUD. No flames, no IC-sensitive information.

I think that sums it up.

Quote from: "Tony"To make an arrow, you -must- have three components, a feather, a shaft (Which you have crafted) and a shard of stone. Then you craft those together. There are no shaft/feather flight arrows, I'm sorry.

While flight arrows are ICly plausable, it would be a nightmare to code, involving changing lots of things, creating tons of objects... you'll just have to be patient and find some shards for arrowheads.
what a flight arrow does that mean i might as well have an arrow with no fletches?
et the sword be youre guide let you guide the sword.

What are fletches? I'm still confused by that. A flight arrow is a sharpened shaft, combined with feathers (What I assume you guys mean by fletches) Then there are sheaf arrows (The ones we make) which consist of a shard (arrowhead) shaft, and feathers.

Quote from: "Tony"What are fletches? I'm still confused by that. A flight arrow is a sharpened shaft, combined with feathers (What I assume you guys mean by fletches) Then there are sheaf arrows (The ones we make) which consist of a shard (arrowhead) shaft, and feathers.
fletches are the feathers on the arrow they are called fletches i think...
et the sword be youre guide let you guide the sword.

Alright then, in that case, I've already answered the question.