Wishes

Started by Raesanos, May 03, 2005, 05:28:55 PM

If you wish to have an NPC animated, include in the wish what you are going to ask them.  If I'm cooking, at work, or on the phone, I won't have time to stop to figure out if I'm able to respond (Is it clan related? Is the NPC part of a plot I know anything about?) then gauge how long the request will take, particularly when I probably won't have time to help.  I'll leave the wish for someone who is more available. However, if you wish and say that you just need directions to the tavern, or need a merchant's token, I see right away that I can quickly take care of what is needed while spending no time investigating or needing to take the time to create a more in-depth scene.  This creates better coverage for the quick but vital requests, while leaving the more comprehensive requests for people who have time and knowledge to take care of it.  Since most requests for an NPC to be animated take 5-10 minutes, as a really rough estimate, I generally will not tell the person I'm on the phone with to hold on a second so I can ask for clarification if the wish was vague, such as "Hey can I have this NPC animated?"  But, if the request was clearly something I can take care of quickly, I'll do it.  I hope this seems reasonable, my hope is to provide better coverage for wishes while making our job easier at the same time.