Hitching mounts to wagons

Started by HaiWolfe, January 05, 2003, 01:37:25 PM

Is there already a code in place for hitching beasts of burdens to wagons?  If there is, I haven't figured out the syntax for it yet.

As far as I know (which might not be very much), wagons rumble along on their own, and everyone just pretends that they're being pulled by something.  It'd be really neat to be able to hitch mounts to the front or back a wagon, the ones in front pulling it and the ones in back following along.

Just throwing the idea out here to see what you folks might think.

There was some Wagon code just like that introduced a while back by Azroen I think... it kinda worked, and kinda didn't, and it was scrapped. I'm not really sure what was wrong with it.

Hey, ever notice you can't follow Wagons with the follow command?

Quote from: "Tony"There was some Wagon code just like that introduced a while back by Azroen I think... it kinda worked, and kinda didn't, and it was scrapped. I'm not really sure what was wrong with it.

Yeah, that's the way I understood it to be about a year ago.

I'd email your clan imm or the mud account because I don't believe that wagon code works.

I believe the story goes that there was a neat wagon code that went in that kind of worked a while back.  The staff memeber that was doing it ended up leaving before it was completely finished.  The code apparently was fairly interesting, but it was never cleaned up enough to be kept in the game.  I believe that there is a thread in the old GDB where a staff member gives a fuller story.

In short, yes.

Without trying to go into detail, that's basically what happened.  Pretty much everyone would like to see it fixed and fully in the game, but the remaining bugs are significant enough that it will either take someone who knows what they're doing OR someone willing to revamp the underlying code from scratch.  Or both.

So for now, most wagons are pulled by "virtual" mounts.  Most of the wagons should have in their description what they're being pulled by, at least.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

Ohh, I thought it was just to keep Sanvean from typing 'hit mekillot' by mistake.  :wink: