Kenku

Started by Carnage, December 25, 2002, 11:35:32 AM

What exactly is a kenku?

That's not IC, either, since it's all over the place on descriptions in the Northlands, but I just can't find a description of one.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Think, some sort of mythical bird thing... Can't remember an exact description. But it has feathered wings and a beak I think. Thats all I remember.

Probably enough to know. If you want to know more I'd find a description ICally if your in the north it'd be pretty easy I'm sure.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

ree as a bird and joyfully my heart
Soared up among the rigging, in and out;
Under a cloudless sky the ship rolled on
Like an angel drunk with brilliant sun.
                                       - Charles Baudelaire

It's a mansized bird creature that is intelligent and mythical.
:-)
 taste the sands.
I smell my death.
Is that the Mantis head?
Oh, fek!

Who says it is mythical?  :wink:

Bird-man!!!

Well, I haven't seen any in game, I doubt many have, so I'd say they're mythical :P

Quote from: "Tony"Bird-man!!!

Well, I haven't seen any in game, I doubt many have, so I'd say they're mythical :P
Excuse me but we prefer bird-people.

Kenku are an ad&d race, of like what people said, pretty much -very- intelligent bird hunters.

If they ever existed, or still exist is a mystery.  So I'd say they are mythical.
 don't eat everyone.

In the game I've read something about "a mythical creature called a kenku" so I'd say they are mythical. Just take the word of it from people who know. :P

Creeper
21sters Unite!

I was joking! hehehehehe

A note on "mythical":  The worth myth is derived from the greek word muthos (meaning of mouth) , and just means anything passed down orally.  So, in a land where writing is horribly scarce, most everything is mythos.

The thought of "myth" as being something of only imaginary or unbelievable existence is a relatively new one, appearing in literature dating back only to the early 1900's.

Pet peeve of mine... seeing as how most older religious stories were all myth, from Zeus to John the Babtist... but only the ones from "dead" religions are granted that title.  :wink:

ok, think I might know what a kenku is now...

without getting too IC are those humanoids kenkus?
The ones all over tuluk?

Quote from: "whoa"ok, think I might know what a kenku is now...

without getting too IC are those humanoids kenkus?
The ones all over tuluk?

No.
ssues are issues.  People are people.  Issues should be addressed, people should be loved. - John W. Frye

I remember asking this question years ago and an imm responded on the old gdb, not sure if its in nthe archive. I think it was ness, that posted. The kenku were a race of birdmen during the empire of man. They were used as gladiators and guards. They were also flightless. After some rebellions they reportably became extinct. If anyone can correct me please do.

amish overlord
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

I've never even heard of Kenku in ArmageddonMUD so far but I remember those very old AD&D books had them.  The Fiend Folia Tome had kenku, they were short (maybe halfling height) bird-men, who had separate arms from their wings, allowing them to wield a weapon while taking flight.  You could probably find a nice picture somewhere on the internet.

ssues are issues.  People are people.  Issues should be addressed, people should be loved. - John W. Frye

Holy shit!  Kenku eggs are worth 20 sp!

Hatchlings are worth 30-50sp!

*cackles manically as he dreams of the wealth*
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

What are those things that fly by over head? Is that too IC?