wagons

Started by anger man, January 04, 2005, 04:12:00 PM

Some of these ideas could be implemented separate of the wagon code, and isn't really necessary to getting (higher-priority) realistic wagons in the game.  Some thoughts on these ideas (and how problematic they can become):

Fire code: I think this could be cool, especially if it spreads.  Maybe a fire starts by blocking one exit.  Depending on its intensity, it could randomly choose to 'block' another exit in the room, or spread to another room in a direction that it's already blocking.  Problem: This will be as tough to tweak as the weather code, if not more delicate because it can directly kill PCs and also: different rooms would have different amounts of 'fuel'

Door bashing code: this has been suggested several times in other threads, and generally shot down.  If you implement it for wagons, you should implement it for other doors in the game.  Problems: Every door in the game will have to be adjusted.  And, right now, if you're being naughty, it's only when you run into soldiers that you're caught, not while you're bashing a door or fighting (balance issue).  A possible solution for this is to have soldiers within ~10 rooms walk directly towards the room that you got wanted in.  That way, there's still a chance to 'escape' and wait out the soldiers, but you'd better not linger.

I guess my point is, while these ideas are cool, it's easy to see how they can snowball and touch on unexpected aspects like crim code - and wagons are the priority.

My idea for wagons:

Make them take the stun damage that a blow would deal, not the HP damage.

[/b]