Progress!

Started by YellowCactus, December 15, 2004, 12:00:01 PM

Reading some posts here on the GDB I've noticed some player concerns and observations about the current trends in Armageddon.  This thread is simply to complement the staff on things I've noticed in coding over the past few years. The world has grown in so many ways.  More things to forage, more effects, more housing, more creatures and hidden places.   The Mining code is awesome.
    Players and Staff have been like characters out of a living book, the role-play has been awesome.  If your one of the players who worries about the decline of RP standards, my thoughts are that each senerio we involve ourselves in is an opportunity to get into the role.  My fears of bad role-play are the PK's out there who kill characters as opportunity presents itself.  It's alright to be a PK, but remember that when you kill that unknown sleeping figure, your killing off the life of Armageddon.  
     Thanks Staff! And all you grebbing commoners out there who make Armageddon so much fun for me!
-Yellowcactus

I'm proud to say that I've never killed a sleeping PC! :D (at least not that I remember... :? )  I have, however, robbed a few blind on several occasions.  :twisted:
i] Sarge's Lifting Advice:[/i] Don't lift with your legs. Your back's the strongest muscle in your body! And look man, your knees aren't even locked. How do you expect to stand up straight? Put your groin into it!

emote snickers as he draws a blade across %sleepingfigure throat

Killing someone off in their sleep just means your assassination attempt went lucky, hah.

But yes, thanks to the improvements to the game world this past year. Mad props!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Hmm.  Quick comment of my own - I haven't noticed the sky falling since the policy changes were enacted.  Quite the opposite.  Life is good, virtually speaking.  Globbuluk (I think that's his name) gives it four thumbs up.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Killing someone off in their sleep just means your assassination attempt went lucky, hah.

When I think of the situation, I think of twinks.  I'm assuming that IC it;s not all that uncommon to come across peple sleeping, seeing as a lot of taverns have places where anyone can just lay down and catch some Z's.  Even if you did want to make money off of finding people sleeping, you'd just reach into their pockets and take some sid.  You wouldn't cut their neck open.  Unless of coarse you thought that they were probably pretty dangerous and the risk was substantial of getting beaten down if the person were to wake up and find you with your hand in their pocket.
i] Sarge's Lifting Advice:[/i] Don't lift with your legs. Your back's the strongest muscle in your body! And look man, your knees aren't even locked. How do you expect to stand up straight? Put your groin into it!

So steal their weapons, THEN steal their 'sid.

Quote from: "Delirium"So steal their weapons, THEN steal their 'sid.

In addition, to be extremely twinky, give them a load of stones so that they can't even hit you if they wanted to. Unbelievably heavy. LOL.
Lovehina- Ken Akamatsu

QuoteSo steal their weapons, THEN steal their 'sid.

But what if you went to pull their sword out of its scabbard, then the guy woke up, grabbed your wrist, punched you in the face, turned you over, and then raped you through your pants?

Then you're a bloody awful thief, or you miscalculated your target. That's kinda the whole risk vs reward thing about being a pickpocket. You weigh the risk, decide if the potential reward is worth it, and strike.

If your target is a 250-pound musclehead with one eye cracked open while he sleeps, dressed in smelly leathers and carrying a very used looking, bloodstained battleaxe, then it is probably not worth it.

Edit: I am not advocating attacking sleeping people. I'm advocating stealing from them WITHOUT slicing their throat just for the pocketful of 'sid you might end up with.

It's ok to whack sleeping people, but you have to emote so that they could wake up if you do something that would wake them up.

That's what I mean't. Definitely emotes are needed. And I wasn't saying that you should walk through taverns or public sleeping places and whack off snoozers.

But you take out your stolen key and unlock joe's apartment, and you see him wrapped up in his bedsheets and you got your mark right before you...
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

QuoteAnd I wasn't saying that you should walk through taverns or public sleeping places and whack off snoozers.
Wow! I sence I lawsuit here! How.. AMBIGUOUS!

It would be really cool to emote in that sort of situation, but most people would wake up then and there if they read the emote.  A few die hard good RPer's would stay sleeping through gritted teeth, but on the whole, must people would pop right up.