Zalanthan humor

Started by Incognito, November 27, 2004, 01:43:45 AM

The Arm website has a link for Folksongs and other original submissions. Would it be possible to have a separate link for Zalanthan IC humor?

I, as I'm sure others do too, have a few jokes, ditties, limmericks etc which would be apt in that section :)

A few teasers :

Zalanthan pick-up line: If I were that kank, I'd rather you mounted me without the saddle!

Allanaki pick-up line: You might not believe this, but Tek just appeared to me in a vision and told me I must bed you, the fate of Allanak depends upon it!

T'zai Byn boast: I lost my leg in a battle, guess what I'm walking on now?

Kadian merchant's jest: Dear lady, what an exquisite gown you are wearing today. Could I perchance talk you out of it?

Rinthi saying: You scratch my boils, and I'll scratch yours!
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: "Incognito"Allanaki pick-up line: You might not believe this, but Tek just appeared to me in a vision and told me I must bed you, the fate of Allanak depends upon it!
I'd actually rather unique humor. Like how the humor of the desert dwellers (Aiel) in the Wheel of Time isn't understood by the Westerners (everyone else).

But then again, we might not be able to consistently come up with a unique form of humor for the game to any large degree ;)

John has a good idea.  It'd be great if someone (the staff?) came up with a few things/concepts that Zalanthans/Tulukis/Nakkis/whatever find to be inherently funny (yet might not make sense to us players).  Like perhaps the idea of a kank wearing a hat is enough to make anyone bust their sides, or perhaps people accidently stepping on eachother's toes is the equivalent of a pie to the face.

There are some existing humor trends I've seen, though, like kankery, making fun of the differences between various types of demihumans, and stinky bynner boots.

I would think that in the north, puns, wordplay, double entendre, and similar forms of humor would be valued, especially among the nobility and Poet's Circle.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I would hesitate to use puns, though.  Puns and such are language-specific and English is NOT Sirihish.

I think a wry, world weary sense of humor would be common on Zalanthas.

I only wish I could find a good way to end jokes that start with a templar, elf, and kank walking to a tavern. Maybe I should just go the obvious route, and have the elf try to steal from the templar, then have the templar gut the elf and bed the kank. Huh. Gotta work on delivery... timing...

Also: deriving cruel entertainment and humor from the distress of others is probably common. One time me and some other folks tricked a hunter into thinking he'd get the terrible wasting sand sickness if too much sand got into his cuts. Good times.
he stories are woven
and fortunes are told
The truth is measured by the weight of your gold
The magic lies scattered
on rugs on the ground
Faith is conjured in the night market's sound

Quote from: "Uglyhead"Maybe I should just go the obvious route, and have the elf try to steal from the templar, then have the templar gut the elf and bed the kank. Huh. Gotta work on delivery... timing...
and running  :lol:

Ahahahaha, so funny.  :lol: