How the hell did this person die?

Started by , November 19, 2004, 05:21:28 AM

It is frustrating to find dead people and have to guess how they die. Sometimes, such as in the case of poison or getting mind blasted, ok fine. Half-Giant chopped em in the neck, I might see that.

My idea anyway, if you have like a five wound Q, every time you get hit with damage of a certain degree, it pushes it into the Q and if its full then it pushes out the oldest wound. When you heal up, Q gets emptied.

Certain things like poison don't leave signs, but an Axe to the neck woulld. Maybe physicians could see poison signs.

Don't have it show while you are alive, if ppl don't want to rp it that way, but when you die, the corpse the five messages from the Q put on it.on it.

look corpse
A corpse has a large cut on the neck.
A corpse has a large hack to the arm.
A corpse has a large bite on the neck.
A corpse has a large puncture wound on the back.
A corpse has a large burn on the face.
etc.

Seems like it'd be simple to implent, but time consuming to make different entries for the different types of damage.

Agreed, some form of wound tracking would be excellent. Right now I hate how you find a body but have no clue as to how they died.
B

There is a long thread on this somewhere, can someone provide the link?
Hold it down Bitches. I'm out!

I've been on this bandwagon for a LONG time, so I'll add my props for the idea once again.

As for poisons not being detectable - physicians and others with the cure/bandage/poison skills probably WOULD be able to detect them.

Using only info available on the docs (nothing IC here - anyone can know this just by reading the help file):

If they were paralyzed by poison, you might not see signs, since it wasn't being paralyzed that killed them. Same with heramide, since that just makes you sleep.

If it was the terradin, then they'd be surrounded by pools of their own vomit. That should be pretty easy to see.

If it was one of the two that make you sweat, then they'd be covered - drenched maybe - in their own sweat. Their clothes would be dripping with it.

And so on and so forth.

I doubt the poison effects would be easily codeable, so I'm not necessarily asking for it. I'm just saying it -is- possible from an RP perspective, and so yeah it would be great if it could be coded.

As for damage: My idea from who knows how long ago would make it look something like this:

The body of the green-eyed fish-man is crumpled here in a heap.
appraise body:

He has several slash-marks on his arms, a gaping hole in his abdomen, many stab-wounds on his legs, many claw-marks on his back, a few contusions and bruises on his head.

This would be the result of a fight that lasted awhile - long enough to get more than one of each of those types of wounds - probably involving more than one attacker, since there are slashes, a hole, stabs, and marks from a bludgeoning instrument, and claw-marks.

In the case of this particular guy, he was first attacked by a jakhal, then some kind of mage blew a hole in his belly while his buddies beat the shit out of him with maces and daggers and a sword of some sort.

The better your skill with the combination of bandage, brew, poison, the more you'd be able to tell. And if you have the physician subclass, your ability to notice the size and shape of each wound to determine its cause would be bumped up. That would be THE primary specialty of the physician.

I wish the whole corpse of a human wasn't turned into a container object.  I wish you could see the 'tattoos' and 'scars' that the person has already on their body.  I had a blackmoon raider with a tattoo on him, and when he was murdered, people never found out by his tattoo.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"I wish the whole corpse of a human wasn't turned into a container object.  I wish you could see the 'tattoos' and 'scars' that the person has already on their body.  I had a blackmoon raider with a tattoo on him, and when he was murdered, people never found out by his tattoo.

Even container objects have descriptions - so yeah it would be nice for the container object/corpse had one. The only problem with that, is if you see something like this:

The headless body of the green-eyed man

If his main desc included mostly stuff about what his face looked like, it wouldn't make much sense for us to see the desc on the headless body.

Maybe if there was some way to include an option of "dead" main desc during the character generation process...that would show only what the head looked like, plus only what the body looked like, as seperate things.

Yep, would be an interesting and realistic addition to the game.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I'm definitely for corpses keeping the mdesc they had in life (and any tattoos, scars, piercings, etc.)  I wouldn't mind seeing how someone died or was injured either, but if it were up to me to prioritize, I'd rather see the mdesc thing put in place first.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I like the idea.

For a halfgiant...you can easily drop body with a ldesc.  but elves...elves cant pick up nearly anyones body to drop it with an ldesc.
Veteran Newbie

It's been on the list of todos for a long time.  I think it's a great idea.

I love the idea.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

This idea is to die for. (sorry, had to  :wink: )